“Clean, but clock & telephone broken, internet was pitiful! Not recommended!”
Review of Bel Air Motel

Bel Air Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vaughn
Bel Air Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vaughn
dallas texas
“Clean, but clock & telephone broken, internet was pitiful! Not recommended!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was a scary experience. I first noticed that the owner was a little gruff and had an "whatever you get is whatever you get" kind of personality. Then I saw why: room telephone was completely dead. Clock wouldn't set to time. And though owner said we had wifi, what a joke. Neither my cell phone could get a connection, nor my computer. If anything had happened outside our door, we had no way to contact a soul.

Additionally, the AC was unplugged and covered,. I had no fan and air circulation whatsoever.

The only saving grace was the bed was comfortable and the room looked clean. Oh, and it was cheap--50.00 if I remember correctly. But I will never stay there again. Ugh.

Room Tip: Find a different motel. Or even better, go to the next town!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nancyadams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Nice cozy hotel. Room was clean, no frills, but great deal for the money. Only negative was room was a little warm and we had no access to the thermostat. Window air conditioner was already down for the winter (unit was wrapped). We stayed in late Oct 2011. But, I definately Would recommend this hotel..
Hotel manager was very nice. Fyi..only one restaraunt in town.

Room Tip: visit www.whatshotsite.com
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2011

OK It has been a while but I stayed in the Bel Air Motel when I was delivering trucks. I used to run US60 regularly from Virginia to Los Angeles. Anyway. This was the property my employer put me up in. while it is by no means a five star hotel. In my opinion it is BETTER!!! You arrive to a classic horse shoe shaped motel that looks straight out of the 1950s. You arrive at the hotel and drive up to the front desk where you are greeted with a smile and a "how are u doing" Then they give you an ACTUAL key to go to your room that you also drive up to. Now here is the awesome part. when you open the door you are transported back to the 1950s . The room is SQUEAKY CLEAN and the bed is comfortable. To me. I am a retro person so I LOVEd the 1950s decor. If you are used to hampton inn or holiday inns or Hyatt regencys, this might be a little strange to you at first. but let me tell you. the sleep you will get here and the service is great. But the most appealing thing about this property is its cool retro ambience. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They are ALL good
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Motel and the most of the rest of town dates from the pre I-40 days when US 60 was a main east west route. Rooms clean and beds fair. Stayed one night going west and one night going east. One room had broken hairdryer, otherwise everything else functional. TV quality not too hot. Don't know if it is the satelite system or the intra-motel connections. Small "in room" machine to make instant coffee. 1/4 mile to town's diner. Town's rail passenger terminal from bygone days has been turned into maintainance facility for BNSF. Many rooms occupied by workers that are passing through. Trains are very quiet and didn't disturb us; no whistles and must be continuous welded rail. Office only open during peek hours in the evening. Property filled up completely on the eastbound Sunday night.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank SkinnyDDS

Been to Bel Air Motel? Share your experiences!