I have visited the resort at least 8 times over the years and the last visit was in May,2013. I love your place because of reduced area in summer time as well as the rustic qualities of being in the woods. Also your staff are friendly and helpful. I went to the river nearby and was able to catch trout this last time. I especially enjoyed being able to take my small dog with me as well. It was nice to have a store that sold basic fishing supplies and licenses as well as great fudge. I liked how you can get towels by returning the used one's. I like how there are no tvs since I am wanting to get away from it all. We rented the duplexes this last time together. I like how you updated the bathrooms, kitchens, and even the back window. I did have some suggestions: have instructions on how to light heaters, have a barrier behind back window so people walking will not really by and peer into window. On the 2nd story duplex, I loved having Windows open to hear the river but then found them hard to close. We had a problem in 2 areas: the sink drainpipe was leaking-- we used the other kitchen instead and let management know about it; one night at midnight someone kept knocking on our door--could have thought it was the office manager maybe. We did not have trouble from the drinking and music crowd as we did in 2012 when they had gathered in parking lot and got loud for a short time. Overall, I felt safe in all my visits there. I have another suggestion of redoing the downstairs front window of the duplex-- it looks like a beaver had chewed parts of it. Overall, Iove the resort and look forward to visiting it with my middle-aged friends who are on a budget. The place is generally clean with fresh bedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 miles southeast of Taos and 2 hours north of Albuquerque, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort offers over 40 accommodations, including suites, cabins, historic lodge rooms, RV sites and more. All of the slopeside rooms are located steps from Sipapu's main chair lift, and most include kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sipapu Ski And Summer Resort
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Hotel Vadito