We were here the week before thanksgiving. We did not stay on the property, but found a great house to rent 15 miles or so away.
The lift tickets were very affordable, and we intended to ski for two days. A snow storm put us there too late for morning lessons, but that turned out to save us a ton of money! We were helped by a very friendly lady who got us all set up. The staff fitting our boots and blades were great, too. Because we missed the lesson, we decided to try to teach ourselves to ski (two adults and our 15, 12, and 11 year old children) and decide later on taking a lesson. The unfortunate thing about coming so early is that they only had one very small "hill" (not steep at all) open. Even with no experience, we were skiing it with no problem right off the bat. So glad we didn't pay for lessons!! Would love to go back now, as I know they have other actual slopes for beginners open. Since the baby bunny hill was all that was open, we decided to not go back a second day. I might be able to rate this even higher if more had been open when we went. That first baby hill isn't much fun if you are over 8 years old...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 miles southeast of Taos and 2 hours north of Albuquerque, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort offers over 40 accommodations, including suites, cabins, historic lodge rooms, RV sites and more. All of the slopeside rooms are located steps from Sipapu's main chair lift, and most include kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Hotel Vadito
- Sipapu Ski And Summer Resort