“Escape ;)”
Review of Cimarroncita Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ute Park
Cimarroncita Ranch
“Escape ;)”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I have ever slept so well in my life! The owners and staff were extremely friendly, very polite and concerned for our comforts. The view was breathtaking , the food was amazing, I don't think I've eaten so well on a trip before, :). I can not say enough good things about my stay except I did not want to come back home. The owners even let us use their internet in case we needed to contact civilization. I wish I could have stayed longer and I look forward going back. ;)

2 Thank Violasjw

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cimarroncita is an escape from the city. It is clean, well maintained, and in a beautiful location. The food was EXCELLENT!!! I give it 3 stars because of the owner. He wasn't very friendly. The only time he talked to us was when he told us to do something( ex. Pick up trash, check facets). One night he was making tasteless jokes about politicians. He is not welcoming and very rude at times. Apart from the owner, the staff is very nice and friendly. I would rather spend my money somewhere where I am treated in a kind, friendly manner.

3 Thank Emd581
Overland Park
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved every minute. Staff is incredible, friendly, helpful. Get off the grid and go to CRC! Rooms are clean and comfortable, food is delicious, all needs are taken care of, just relax. Former campers must go!

2 Thank Annodini
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Great fishing, hosts, and food. It sure was a cool experience w temps in the 50-maybe 80. Plus afternoon rains, turkeys, mules, and very large (circa 80) elk made it a great trip, oh and did I say the fishing was great. The historic ranch with extensive private fishing and hiking really helped me to unwind.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gratz_11
DFW
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hadley is a great host . The waters are awesome cant wait to go back. No crowds as they limit the people on the river. Lunch was great , advice is great. Great scenery fishing and food; there is a bend in the river with a log sticking out could stay there all day

Room Tip: Went to fly fish the private waters . I felt right at home .i can not wait to get back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank wjtwet
Altadena, California, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was a camper in the early seventies and had nothing but happy memories about this wonderful camp and the land and weather. One of my friends and I decided to go there to enjoy NOT cooking, shopping, cleaning or planning. We both got everything and more out of our 4 nights there. We shared a huge room. The beds were so comfortable. The linens were simple and classic. Alan's hospitality and chef skills made so much more of what we thought our trip would entail. The one plan we had made was to horseback ride. Arrangements were made for a local woman to bring up horses. Nancy took us on a great ride where we were able to see areas we wouldn't have found on foot. She, too, was a treat. In truth, I loved every minute of this trip, and felt so relaxed when I came home. I hope to go there again very very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Meg S
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The proprietor of Cimarroncita, Alan makes the visit. He check you in, cleans the rooms and prepares the meals. He is the guardian of the property and custodian of the Ranch Camp archives. I had been to summer camp on this property in the 1960's and '70's and was delighted to have an opportunity to jog my memory with a visit to the place. Most of the boy's camp records have been lost, but they still have the trophies from my era and it was gratifying to see my name on one. The rooms are pricy, but the experience was, to me, well worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 4 in Eagle Nest
Casa del Gavilan Historic Inn

Been to Cimarroncita Ranch? Share your experiences!