New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Rye, NH
“These guys rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed there last night - March 1st - and when I arrived they couldn't find my reservation - but they immediately made me a new (better) one and got everything straightened out. The room was clean, there was ample area to walk my dog and the restaurant they recommended was great - Del's. They were very friendly and Richard later on I saw being very patient w/an older gentleman - always "no problem, have a nice day" is his attitude!
Then tonght I realized I didn't have my dog's one and only favorite toy w/me way over here in Arkansas! I called them up and they are going to mail it home to me. I was very impressed w/how nice both of the gentlemen I dealt with were and especially returning my dog's cherished toy! I'd recommend this place any time!

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor but I think any would have been fine.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Hannah123Rye_NH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
McPherson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Nice clean hotel, good well organized breakfast bar. recommend highly

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve E
Cedar Rapids, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We decided to book room at this hotel after reading other travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor. We had stayed at another hotel in Tucumcari several times because of pet friendly policies. However, we felt the other hotel was overpriced and decided to give the Rodeway Inn a try. Our room was large and well set up with a desk, table with two comfortable chairs, and comfortable beds. The bench to set suitcases on was a nice touch.
We were in a designated "pet room" ($8 fee) , so my observations might not apply to all rooms. It appeared that the carpet wasn't well vacuumed, not only around the edges, but I also found what appeared to be a juice box straw wrapper under the table. Also, the blankets were a bit thin and worn. The bathroom, however, was very clean.
Two things that frustrated me were: The heater was noisy and I was unable to connect with my internet server after finally being able to log onto their wi-fi. There was one extra step that most hotels don't have.
In conclusion, even if it wasn't a perfect stay, the Rodeway was a good value and a decent stay. I would recommend it over the other place we had stayed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BJFSub
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a great place to stay and a good price! It's nice to see a hotel offering a nice clean place to stay for a good pruce!

1 Thank rifawill
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Just spent the night on our journey. The room was clean and the breakfast adequate and tasty. The staff was excellent

1 Thank Bill M
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Let me start by saying I typically stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels, but since we were getting in late and leaving early, I didn't see the point in paying twice as much for a place to sleep. This hotel did just the trick. Keep in mind the people that are reviewing this hotel probably stay in this level of hotel more often than me, so I'm sure for a $49 hotel, this is really nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was large. We did have to change rooms when we checked in because it had a slight smoke odor and I can't handle that. They were very accommodating and switched us quickly. The breakfast was decent, although the breakfast room is a little cramped. All in all, if you're looking for a cheap, clean hotel with a breakfast that can get you back out on the road, this is a good place to choose.

Room Tip: There are no elevators (that I know of) so ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff K
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stopped just for sleep and the free breakfast on our way to Colorado. We got a 2 queen and sleeper sofa room. We had six people, got a room for under $70.00, and all of us had a free breakfast. Room, shower, sheets, facilities, were clean. I actually had set myself up for a dirty uncomfortable hotel due to the price I was paying for the night. But, this was not it. Right off the highway, late night check in was easy, breakfast was ready and available when we got up, we had enough hot water for all of us. Great deal/value/ for the price! Would stay again on my way through!

Room Tip: Get the suite (two queens and a sleeper sofa)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family