See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We'd stayed at the Route 66 motel on our way through and didn't like it, so we were looking for something else on the way back. Came across this little gem on the west end of town. It needs some updating, but it has a new owner and they seem to be working on that. The room was clean and very spacious. Comfy beds, nice shower, but my favorite part was the courtyard. You can park at your door, then go through the rear door in the room to a spacious enclosed courtyard with tables and chairs, bbq grills, swings, and a pool. Unfortunately, the pool isn't operational. The owner is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salesproquo
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Other than the convenience of having a nice lounge & restaurant with the motel, the layout of the property is unique. Rooms have entry from the parking lot AND back door to an open court in the middle of the property. Pool is not operational. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable and everything worked. I like the personality of older properties like this one that have been well maintained and/or updated. The chain hotels are bland and empty. Get off the interstate & enjoy some old Americana!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan Z
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

I travel thru Tucumcari a few times throughout the year. I have had my eye on this place. Noticing the fixing up that's been going on.
Last night I decided to push on thru Amarillo, and have a nice genuine Route 66 motel to round off my trip up north.
I came around 10:30. Nobody was in the office, so I went to the bar next door and got the number for the motel.
A guy promptly came and helped me check in.
He was friendly and very helpful.
The price was great.
And I got more than I paid for.
A large clean room.
Nice Southwest Indian decor.
A nice courtyard.
I liked having 2 doors in my room so I didn't have to go clear around the building to enjoy the courtyard.
I grew up in the 70's and 80's and this place reminded me of trips I had with my family.
They are fixing the place up. I can tell its being improved each time I pass thru.
I hope at some point they fix the pool to be in use. It could be gorgeous.
I will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Dashuri
Reviewed May 18, 2016

A painted mural welcomed us to the "historic Lizard Lounge and Pow Wow Inn." A couple of very nice girls tried to help at the desk. I later learned that this was their first day and they had about 20 minutes of training before the manager left them on their own. Apparently the day clerk neglected to note that the room they gave us was occupied. We switched with no problems.
The room was comfortable, but everything had been done as cheaply as possible. There was no outlet for electronics, but the internet worked.
The rates were reasonable and the restaurant, the Lizard Lounge was okay.
No one was at the desk, or in the office when we checked out and we never found out why the inn or lounge or both was/were historic.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank CountVarios
Reviewed October 5, 2015

The location is good in that it's next to The Pow Wow Inn which has a bar and a reasonably good restaurant. The rooms were spacious and seemed to be clean. The beds were comfortable and coffee making facilities were available in the room.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family