Pow Wow Inn
$132
HIExpress.com
$120
La Quinta
Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
Motel Safari(Tucumcari)
Desert Inn(Tucumcari)
Rodeway Inn(Tucumcari)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2009

The room looked decent at first glance, although my room smelled of smoke, even after it had been aired out while my colleague and I were eating at the motel's restaurant. As I was getting ready for bed, I pulled down the cover to find men's chest hair (I'm assuming- it was short and curly) all over the sheets, along with brown/yellow smudges on the pillowcases and drops of blood on the sheets. Oh, and I found a dirty sock at the foot of the bed. The management (new, as of that week--so it might have improved since I was there) was very apologetic and changed my sheets right away-- the managers/owners themselves changed the sheets for me. Then as I was trying to sleep after all of that trauma...I hear, then see two beetles running around the floor! After killing the beetles, I finally went to sleep. In the morning, I went to take a shower, and the shower was so dirty-- and the towels so ratty and full of holes-- I decided I was better off not to take one. My colleague did not have these problems in her room. It might have gotten better with new management, but it is definitely more of a 2 star motel-- not 3 stars. The restaurant was okay-- better than McDonalds. However, the lounge singer was super creepy! I would not recommend any woman traveling alone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NT17
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Drive right past this place. Go to one of the group of newer inns at by the highway. Oh my goodness, we checked in, went to the room, looked around and couldn't believe it. In 3 minutes I was back at the office demanding my $ back. We went straight to the Holiday Express.

Nasty, run down, musky-moldy, filthy carpet stinks, no ice, dismal flea market furnature, worn out beds with dirty bedspreads. This place looked like a weekly or monthly rental motel.....well no wonder, the marquee advertised weekly and monthly rates.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TCGage
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel last year with my family. It is an old charming Route 66 hotel. It has few amenities, but the service had been wonderful. We looked forward to our stay again this year. This property had been foreclosed by the bank and I can no longer reccommend it. It is rundown. The rooms are dirty. The bathroom sink was full of ants. Maid service was poor. The blankets had huge holes in them. Staff is discourteous and any requests were treated as an imposition. If you need a pool towel, they make you exchange one of your room towels. Payment had to be made day to day and they had to reprogram the room key each day as required by the bank. I was very disappointed. We booked 2 rooms and other family members booked another 3 rooms. None of us will ever stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed here in hopes of recreating some of the nostalgia of the "Mother Road," historic Route 66. What we got was a rundown old motel badly in need of refurbishment. I was unable to take a shower in the morning because there wasn't sufficient pressure to get hot water to the shower head. Not that I really wanted to, because the water ran red with rust for a couple of minutes. The toiled bowl was brown, for the same reason. The air conditioner sounded like a 737 was idling next door in the parking lot. The room apparently hadn't been cleaned since last winter; the floor next to the tiny window was littered with dead moths. They didn't have our prepaid reservation in their computer system and it took several phone calls to straighten it out. At least they apologized for that inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TBearden
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I stayed there for a night, and it was fantastic! I had sooo much fun! The people there are so nice! Everyone always smiling! Was a great place all around! Great food at a great price also! I recommend it to anyone I know passing through Tucumcari!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business