“Rooms show neglect, lack of attention to detail-hair on the beds etc.”

Best Western Discovery Inn
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel is conveniently located just off the highway. The staff was very friendly, but upon getting to our room, we noticed hair underneath the covers of both queen beds. After calling the staff, they offered another room indicating, "Don't worry we won't charge you." Obviously, they shouldn't charge us for their neglect!!! They was no issue in getting the other room. The other room had a light bulb out, no bag for the ice box and one shower ring was not connected to the shower curtain. This could be an easy hotel to recommend because of the price and convenient location to I-40. but the issues make me recommend any of the other hotels on the neighboring street. I will say it was a decent 80 dollars with free hot breakfast and free Wi-fi. There are no refrigerators or microwaves. I hope the management changes their ways and improves this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2010

When checking in the clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a nice restaurant next door. The breakfast was much more than a continental breakfast and there was a constant flow of fresh items brought out. The internet access was one of the fastest wireless I've seen at a hotel and it was free.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vip1234
Reviewed November 16, 2009

no hot water.have read this before on other site.only one 15 watt lightbulb in room.frount desk did not seem to care.stay somewere else.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dnsgne
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We were traveling cross country to CA and stayed here. It was clean and did the job for an overnight stay. The only negative would be beetles kept coming in through a vent in the bathroom and flopping around on the floor; that was a little annoying. They do provide free breakfast but we opted to eat out only because our kids wanted a hot food.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Flew out from Atlanta to NM and rented a car to drive for 3 hrs to Tucumcari - Needed a place to lay our heads at night since we wouldn't be in the rooms during the day. Our stay was for two nights. When I called the motel, I did receive a better rate that what was showing online, but what was an incentive to stay here was the "full breakfast". My son can eat enough for a small army...and our family enjoys breakfast, so....I booked the room. Mistake. Still had over an hour left on their breakfast time-table & they were out of lots of the food & didn't intend on making more. The food didn't have much of a taste - except the fresh fruit. Coffee was good, but that's about it. Not what were were led to believe we were getting. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, but needs updating & a little TLC.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SkyLisa
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We arrived early afternoon and I asked for a room with access from the parking area due to my husband's disability. Everything was ok until I mentioned that we had a SERVICE DOG. The clerk said that we would have to be in the pet section which was on an inside hallway. I tried to explain that it was very difficult for my husband to walk and we had equipment, oxygen machine etc. that would have to be carried in. In addition I produced the documents for our CERTIFIED SERVICE DOG which state that they cannot refuse us a room because of the dog. He became very rude and said," I don't care. A dog is a dog". I asked to speak to the manager but he said he wasn't available. We stayed at the somewhat "seedy" looking little motel across the street. The room was very adequate and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grandma1930
Reviewed November 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We were satisfied apart from the fact that it took an age to get any hot water flowing through the taps. This may have been because our room was in a building separate from the main building. Having two wash basins was useful.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)