“Absolutely NOT recommended under present ownership”
Review of Tucumari Inn

Tucumari Inn
Tucumari Inn
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed June 3, 2008

The new owner is very rude. Key to room would not work (regular key, not a key card) I could not easily check out room condition, directly, that another member of our travelling party found.

At dinner, another member of our travelling party told me, that:

Dust puffs up in a cloud when walking on carpet.
Hole in walls.
No air conditioning (or cooling)
No water in pool (May in Tucumcari is not winter.)
He described the room as filthy.
He described the owner as nasty and rude.
The member did not stay.

I refused to stay and the owner refused to cancel my credit card charge.

This owner needs to either completely rework his business model or get out of the business.

I Absolutely Don't Recommend Any Consideration Of Staying At The Tucumcari Inn Under The Present Ownership!

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank SoundOfFreedom9
There are newer reviews for Tucumari Inn

Reviewed July 24, 2007

I just read the other review from July 2007 and would have to agree - to some extent. The front sign said "American owned", but there was a language barrier we definitely had a great deal of difficulty with. The room we found to be fairly clean, non-smelly, beds so-so comfy, shower worked good, not to noisy and no bugs to be found, and the pool was found in decent condition. And after some difficulty communicating with the front desk, we were able to use the internet that was advertised on the front sign. We did not take part in the breakfast that was advertised - when I turned in the key at 9AM all the containers in the lobby were empty. Definitely not worth what we paid - the sign said $26.95 when we pulled in and we were charged much more when we booked online. Front desk explanation was that the $26.95 was for a single person/single bed. Would not recommend if staying for more than12 hours.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank WIMANDS
Reviewed July 9, 2007

This motel is under new (non-American) ownership. The experience is far from what previous travelers have had now that the property has changed hands. I'll keep this short and sweet, I booked two rooms, both non-smoking smelled strongly of smoke, sheets did not appear changed, bugs on the ceiling, dirty bathroom, dirty, dusty, smelly A/C, bathroom window would not latch, shower/bathtub would not drain, when asked for a room that didn't smell like smoke we were given a bottle of spray, continental breakfast consisted of a piece of toast and a small cup of orange juice doled out by the attendant/owner?. I could probably go on. Hope to save future travelers from visiting this property.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed November 1, 2006

First off, this was the only Amercian owned motel in the whole town that I could find. The place was very clean and well kept. The guy who ran the place was very friendly and overall the price was right! I can't see paying an outrageous price just to sleep somewhere, this place was just right for me! I had a great night's rest, and in the morning there was a continental breakfast and I was back on the road! I would definitly stay there again, and most of all recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank j_mac8080
A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 1, 2004

This is your basic motel on the main drag through town. Although there aren't a lot of extras here, the place is clean, well maintained, and you feel safe in the rooms. Also, it is the only budget motel in town that I know of that has a swimming pool. The pool is clean too. If you only need a place to sleep for the night, this is the place to stay.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member