All reviews moon pie magic fingers music playing road runner the owner radio station mini moon pies tv guide little touches fire pit flat screen tv mid century would definitely stay here again cool retro owners were friendly great place to stay
Reviewed September 17, 2018

This 1960s motel has been restored with taste and balance. The exterior has been updated with white paint and turquoise accents that look attractive clean and bright without offending the eye with “a color for every room” or other monstrosities. On the interior, the rooms themselves are decorated with period furniture and tchotchkes that are fun and interesting. However, the owners are not a slave to the 1960s: there were power strips available for charging devices, the mattress was modern and comfortable, the shower was hot and strong, and the ac was cold!

Within minutes of making my online reservation, David called to verify that I was okay staying at a “boutique” motel that did not have a refrigerator and microwave in every room. (They are available in a common area.) When I arrived they were very welcoming, offered assistance with the local area, and assured me I could call on them for anything I needed. Amanda had cooled down my room and the TV was tuned to a 1960s nostalgia music channel to set the mood. Good service, great décor, comfortable rooms, and that vintage 1960s Route 66 feel. You could not ask for more!

NOTE: I choose this motel because I wanted to get off the beaten path--away from the interstate and the "mcRooms" I had been staying in on my trip. Instead of being just a change of pace, my night at the Roadrunner lodge ended up being a soothing end to what had been a difficult trip.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Very nicely done, bed was comfortable & the price was so affordable. Breakfast across the street & dinner at Del's was complete. Amenities were better than in the 60's but all the cool retro-vibe stayed in tact. Would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay! Room was just like the sixties. It was was super clean and the bed was great. Loved the room. The owner was super helpful and everything was perfect. The campfire at night was a wonderful touch.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

This motel is so, so beautiful! There is so much to discover, the rooms are clean and the owners were extremely supportive. We only stayed for the night as there is not too much to do in Tucumcari but we actually considered staying another night just to enjoy the motel‘s great atmosphere :) Definitely the loveliest place we stayed at during our 3-weeks-trip from east to west.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David B, Owner at Roadrunner Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we look forward to hosting you on a future trip, should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We were driving from Dallas to Salt Lake City and some friend told me a horrible story about a road trip stop from hell they had. I wanted to avoid this kind of situation and looked for a good hotel around the first stop we had planned.

This hotel was great: Clean and cute with an old-school vibe. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the beds were great, the room was clean and we were able to have some rest from driving for 8 hours.

This was a great experience with the correct price!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Wonderful! At first I thought you might have a bad story but I'm glad you found our motel pleasing and refreshing. Safe travels!