After reviewing hotel possibilities in Tucumcari, and with our usual confidence level with the Holiday Inn Express brand, we booked a room here.
The check-in process was "neutral", neither good nor bad. We were not acknowledged as Priority Club members, not a big deal, but they are supposed to do that.
The room on the second floor had one nightstand ... we called and asked for a room with two nightstands and two lamps, and was told all rooms in the hotel are of this configuration. The innkeeper asked if there was anything else ... Told him the room was dark ... He asked if there was anything else ... I gave up.
The furnishings and carpet appear dated, and the sofa was full of dust across the back of it. Actually, the entire room seemed a bit dusty, and tired. It did have a refrigerator and microwave and tiny bar area.
The WiFi was easy to connect and responsive but repeatedly caused us to re-login ... very irritating. We also heard the sounds of automatically opening doors (probably the front door of the hotel) all night ... Like thunder in the distance.
At breakfast, we asked for the traditional Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls. We were told they "ran out yesterday". The scrambled eggs resembled yellow pellets. The coffee was good. Overall, not a memorable breakfast.
On checkout they had no record that I had even checked in. WHAT? It took 10 minutes to get it straight; they did give me a reduced rate for their problem.
We would not return to this hotel ... It was a reminder that Holiday Inn still has a problem with consistency in its brands. One good stay does not equate to an equally good stay in their next property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Tucumcari- NM Boasts Premium Amenities Enjoy comfort at the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari near historic Route 66. Families will love lodging in Tucumcari- NM- located just off I-40- between Amarillo- TX and Albuquerque- NM. We offer close proximity to Mesalands Community College- the NMSU Ag-Science Center and many local attractions- including the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum- the Tucumcari Historical Museum and Ute Lake State Park. Other nearby activities include the Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course and the beautiful and historic downtown area. Business travelers are often impressed by our comfortable accommodations near historic Route 66 in New Mexico. Situated in downtown Tucumcari- our hotel is convenient to the Tucumcari Convention Center and the Tucumcari Municipal Airport. Nearby companies include Wells Fargo Banking- Comcast and Interstate Trucking- so you don't have to worry about being late to a meeting. In addition- our Tucumari hotel provides a Business Center with a fax machine- copier- printer- computer and free high-speed Internet access for your convenience. While lodging in Tucumcari- NM- you can enjoy premium amenities- which include an indoor pool- a dry sauna- a fun game room with a pool table and big screen TV and a lovely garden retreat where you can relax. Book your reservation now to enjoy our great Tucumcari hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Express Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Tucumcari
- Tucumcari Holiday Inn