We stayed here one night in March 2013. We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor, (not sure the exact rm #). I like lots of space for all my stuff (I pack a lot). When I inquired about the suites during making a reservation, it wasn’t a whole lot more $ than a regular room, which made it absolutely worth it just to have a few extra feet of space. The room was very nice, tidy, it had a wonderful shower with lots of pressure (I love that), - entire bathroom was very clean & nice. The bedroom area had a king bed with flat screen tv, plus a sitting room with couch, coffee table and another flat screen tv. The closet was very nice size & the cool part was the entire closet face/front was mirror. I was able to utilize that mirror while hubby was getting ready in the bathroom.
Lobby area was very nice & spacious with friendly people at the desk. Each time we walked by they would acknowledge with a friendly hello. We didn’t have time for sit down breakfast nor do we usually eat breakfast, however hubby grabbed a pastry on the way out the door & said it was fantastic. We rolled in late & left early so cannot review anything like pools, fitness ect. Did not seek anything out so don’t know whats all here.
This HIE has a nice large parking lot which we like, as opposed to parking lots where cars are packed liked sardines and you worry all night about getting door dinged or worse.
The elevators and those cart thingy’s provided in the lobby came in handy for carrying in all my stuff. (I travel with my own towels, bedding, coffeepot, you name it). I know I’m neurotic lol.
The only thing that wasn’t up to par was the curtains, they very obviously needed laundered. When I went to look out the window of our room, I noticed right away the window coverings had what appeared to be brown stains in several places on the sheer inner curtain. It reminded me of a kid that just finished eating spaghetti’os with his fingers, and then grabbing the curtains. They were roundish stains,- like fingertip size. It wasn’t just one either, these brownish-red spots were in several places on the curtains. Made me feel icky, like I wonder what else isn’t washed in here,..
Because of that, 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Tucumcari- NM Boasts Premium Amenities Enjoy comfort at the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari near historic Route 66. Families will love lodging in Tucumcari- NM- located just off I-40- between Amarillo- TX and Albuquerque- NM. We offer close proximity to Mesalands Community College- the NMSU Ag-Science Center and many local attractions- including the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum- the Tucumcari Historical Museum and Ute Lake State Park. Other nearby activities include the Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course and the beautiful and historic downtown area. Business travelers are often impressed by our comfortable accommodations near historic Route 66 in New Mexico. Situated in downtown Tucumcari- our hotel is convenient to the Tucumcari Convention Center and the Tucumcari Municipal Airport. Nearby companies include Wells Fargo Banking- Comcast and Interstate Trucking- so you don't have to worry about being late to a meeting. In addition- our Tucumari hotel provides a Business Center with a fax machine- copier- printer- computer and free high-speed Internet access for your convenience. While lodging in Tucumcari- NM- you can enjoy premium amenities- which include an indoor pool- a dry sauna- a fun game room with a pool table and big screen TV and a lovely garden retreat where you can relax. Book your reservation now to enjoy our great Tucumcari hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Express Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Tucumcari
- Tucumcari Holiday Inn