Blue Swallow Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tucumcari
See available hotels
Tucumari Inn(Tucumcari)
Pow Wow Inn(Tucumcari)
Desert Inn(Tucumcari)
1,881 results
All reviewsneon signrotary phonekevin nancyfamily suitestep back in timechenille bedspreadsother guestsattached garaget shirtsroute triprefrigerated airmetal chairsmotor courtold carsgolden retrieverclassic carswonderful hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been traveling the whole of Route 66 with a pop up camper. I headed for an RV court in Tucumcari, NM, but after traveling a hot and dusty day through the desolate Texas panhandle (apologies to any that find it beautiful or even ok), I was tempted to get a real bed in one of many local classic motels. I stopped to look at the Blue Swallow Motel and knew immediately I must stay here. The hosts, Kevin and Nancy were wonderful. The rooms have been restored impeccably and updated to a very high standard of comfort (cable TV, WiFi, great mattresses and linens, and lots of thoughtful amenities). The price would have been acceptable much higher--and that's coming from a frugal camper traveler. I loved the town, filled with nostalgic murals, buildings, restaurants, and Rte. 66 memorabilia. And when the sun set and the brilliant nean showed up in a truly romantic light, I was very impressed. If you travel this way, stop to take a look at what has been done here. If the time is at all right, STAY THE NIGHT in the Blue Swallow Motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sam_well888
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Traveling from Dallas to Durango put our stopping point for the night in Tucomcari. After looking at all of the chain hotels on-line, I decided to give one of the route 66 vintage motels a try.
What a find! The Blue Swallow is a true "blast from the past". The decor and feel of the place was exactly what I was looking for and gave my boys a little history lesson as well.
The Motel is very clean. The beds were comfortable, the decor is somewhere out of the 30's or 40's...very charming.
I highly recommend the Blue Swallow. The owners and their dogs are very welcoming.
If you find yourself in central New Mexico on a route 66 adventure, or just want to ease off I40 and harken back to a simpler time...check out the Blue Swallow. It won't disappoint!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 203miket
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Clean, comforatable room and a cool retro experience. owners are very friendly and accomodating. Though the room is small, the comfy clean bed and great shower make up for it. Much better than staying at a chain motel. my 8 yr old son had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank boodaChicago
Reviewed April 14, 2013

There are many reasons we love this motel. Sure the nostalgia is important to most of us but the beds are absolute heaven. I've never had a better nights rest on the road. There is always room for my huge truck near my room. (We prefer to use our garage for sitting when weather occurs...I believe this is my Midwest roots showing) On our last stay my neighbor George put his awesome Cadillac STS-V in his garage without any trouble. We always meet the greatest people from around the country and the world while staying here. (Sure glad we didn't meet butterfly52 though) My pet-room had brand new carpet and was clean and fresh as always. Three stays since Dec 2011 for us at this motel all yielding new friendships, great memories and an awesome nights sleep. It's obvious that these total hands-on owners are passionate and really care about what they are doing. ps Very grateful they are dog friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DenverShooter
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Sweet, charming and very good value. Also, marvellous merch in the lobby...we felt like we were 10 again, and on the road with Mom & Dad...cannot recommend highly enough for every Route 66 pilgrim!
The owners are attentive, accessible and happy to be hosting; a great break from the corporate motel grind, and not one regret to report.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank englishbayer
krmtrains1, Owner at Blue Swallow Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The Blue Swallow Motel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.

Thanks, and Happy Trails!

Kevin & Nancy