“Great restaurant/lounge; skip the Inn”

Pow Wow Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Amarillo, Texas
“Great restaurant/lounge; skip the Inn”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

First, let's make clear that the Pow Wow Inn, a longstanding Rt 66 landmark, and the Pow Wow Restaurant and Lounge are NOT connected. Different owners and operators-- completely separate entities. So let's talk about the restaurant/lounge. Decor is festive. Great vibe. We were at the Rattler Reunion and they ran out of food, so we headed to the Pow Wow and loved it. Food was great, staff was really professional, especially for a small town, and they were open late.

The nearby Inn, however, has deteriorated into a literal crap hole. It's like a ghost town, a run-down shell of its former self. So by all means check out the restaurant, but for a Rt 66 hotel experience, go to the Blue Swallow, the Safari, or one of those.

• Visited August 2013

Cordova, Tennessee
“Very nice folks”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My car broke down in Tucumcari and I had no transportation until the second day I was able to rent a car. The pow wow restaurant came to our hotel and picked me and my wife up for dinner, food was great and staff awesome.

Visited March 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I were staying in Tucumcari for a night and were directed here for dinner by the motel owners with the promise of a full bar, good margaritas and Mexican food. They did not lie, the restaurant is pretty ordinary looking from the outside but the service and food is not. We had chile rellanos and stuffed sopapillas and both dishes were very tasty. My wife enjoyed her margarita and they had a good selection of beers on tap? I would definitely recommend giving this place a try if you are ever in Tucumcari.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago,IL
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Well if you wind up in Tucumcari you are driving and it's a pretty dismal little town with Route 66 closing and 40 now going outside of town. One drive through town and you start wondering where are we going to eat? Everyone we asked said go to Pow Wow and we had a very decent meal, reasonably priced and really good service.

• Visited February 2014
Ashford, United Kingdom
“wow what an Experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was given a flyer for this place from the receptionist at my hotel which states free shuttle bus to and from your hotel which has got to be a first for me about 10 mins after calling him he arrived to take me to the restaurant which was just a few miles down the road after a few beers I asked him to take me home which he did again for free food was lovely and hot and on time

• Visited January 2014