“Not a bad place to stop on Route 66”
Review of Del's Restaurant

Del's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Since 1956, Del's Restaurant has been a destination break on Historic Route 66. Stop in and meet our friendly staff and enjoy delicious food, an attractive setting and over the top service. Whether your hunger is more on the light side, or you've worked up a vigorous appetite, we have a delicious fare for all. Make Del's Restaurant a major stop when seeking the flavor of Historic Route 66, you'll be glad you did!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Albuquerque. Was actually pleasantly surprised. I am vegetarian so was worried there wouldn't be much here but they do have a nice salad bar. I also had a bean burrito "Christmas Style" (red and green chiles). The others in our group seems to like their food also. The sopapillas were a great finish to the meal. I would come here again

There are newer reviews for Del's Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopping in Tucumcari there aren't a lot of food choices. I have eaten at Del's several times. So far the best thing has been the salad bar. Nothing is bad mind you, just not above average. OK maybe the service is a bit above average, but only a little bit. If you want a sit down, wait staff service in Tucumcari your choice is Del's, Denny's or Kix for breakfast or lunch. I'd go with Unburritable, sorta fast food Mexican, but better than most. They are not listed on Trip Advisor so I can't review them.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Big disappointment. Went by past reviews and did not have a good meal. Husband ordered Fajita's..very little meat..2 tortilla' ..no rice or beans..mainly grilled onions on plate. Daughter and I both ordered chicken enchilada's..processed chicken baked hard tortilla with little cheese on top..more like a cheap take out flauta. Waitress spend most of time visiting with locals, lots of staff in place...and they spent most of their time visiting, could not get anyones attention...and I even raised my hand like I was in grade school and several just looked at me and moved on by.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am not sure if there was anything home cooked on the menu. At least it did not taste like it. My pot roast was pretty bad. The salad bar was OK but the chicken soup had nothing but broth. I was very disappointed in what I heard was such a wonderful restaurant. There was a neat electronic "Fortune Teller in a Box" named Pappy, I think. The kids enjoyed that.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Not a very good selection on menus. Salad was limp and very plain. Food was average. Not much atmosphere. Their Route 66 theme was threadbare, musty, and outdated.