“Great evening meal”

K-BOB'S Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife got the salad bar which was fresh and well stocked and I got the soft tacos. Mine was great as well. A good place to get a meal and it's right next to I-40.

There are newer reviews for K-BOB'S Steakhouse

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western adjacent to the restaurant and thought this would be a good choice. Well, we were very disappointed. First, we went for drinks and snacks. They don't serve hard liquor, only beer and wine. The chips and queso were stale and... I don't quite know how to describe the queso. I think they mixed Campbells canned cheese with flour to give it more thickness? or to make it render more? Then, we had to wait forever for service on the beers. Plus, I've never seen draught beer poured the way they do it there. It's quite a show! They keep pouring and overflowing the mug until all the head is gone. I'm guessing that for every mug they sell, at least another half is literally poured down the drain.
The food is "American" but 30 years ago... So, iceburg lettuce, flavorless tomatoes- boring and bad quality... For the prices, I would rather go to a Denny's.

1  Thank cromocat
Reviewed June 3, 2014

After two failed attempts at dinner in Tucumcari, as much as I hate to admit it, we figured a chain *might* cohere to some kind of standard. I ordered a sangria because I really like sangria, and KBob is so into their sangria that they offer three different types. In fact, they have house wines made specifically for these sangrias. Unfortunately, the staff is very poorly trained and does not know how to serve it, even though a detailed description is right there on the front of the menu, first entry. First, the server poured it into a wine glass straight from the bottle, as if it were Thunderbird, and when I said that the menu states it is served in a chilled 10 oz glass, she transferred it to the glass and topped it off. SO I mentioned that it's also supposed to have "mixed seasonal fruit" in it. She went back to the kitchen where they informed her that they don't have the fruit, and that's "just the corporate menu."

Well, I understand the sentiment. I do. But since it's a (expletive) franchise and they have a salad bar with, one might presume, fresh fruit in it I guess they are obligated by some kind of contract to adhere to said menu. Unfortunately the kitchen and the 16 year old waitress is not aware of that kind of crap.

On to the appetizers. We had the "Tres Combo," which has 3 wings, 3 stuffed mushrooms, and 3 wedges of quesadilla.The mushrooms taste old. I know what old mushrooms taste like because I can be chintzy and occasionally keep the precious mushrooms in my fridge for too long and hope that they will still taste good in a recipe. They don't. So maybe these guys are a bit chintzy too. The wings were good, but we had to remind them to bring one of the sauces that is supposed to be included. After a while you just feel like you are haranguing the waitress. That was not our intention, nor our desire. Anyway, the decor is nice. I just wish they would focus on training their employees to care.

1  Thank Christina_boo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stopped on my way home from Albuquerque to Amarillo, enjoyed their fresh salad bar. Perhaps the best item on it was the cowboy red beans, yumm yumm! Service was ok, but the place was clean. I'd go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This restaurant is close to the major hotels on I40. We stopped after a very long day and stayed at the La Quinta. The hotel staff recommended this and they wern,t wrong. We picked up some dinner while staying next door at the La Quinta. The food was quite good and moderately priced. The restaurant was clean and spacious and the staff was friendly.