See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Our room was clean. Of course it was outdated, but at least the bedspreads looked as though they had been updated. They had a window until style small airconditioner/heater combo that sucked, I woke up freezing because the damn thing has a timer on it with a mind of its own!! Then they had a vintage big box tv (what motel has those anymore....it's 2017 almost!!) That did not work. I went to turn on the TV and couldn't get anything but fuzzy static. Called the front desk and the phone rang and rang, no one ever answered the phone and so I gave up trying to get help from the front desk clerk and went to bed a bit peeved. Add to that the fact that these people are too cheap to even have mini coffee makers in the room OR even have hot coffee for guests in the lobby. Obviously NO HOT BREAKFAST either. How expensive is a coffee maker and coffee ? They just don't care about making a good impression on their guests.
The ONLY positive thing I have to say is, the pillows were very comfy and the price was cheap. $50 after tax, so I guess I shouldn't have expected any coffee or bfast, but I regret spending my $50 at the Budget Motel instead of Motel 6 up the road who I KNOW for a fact would've have had coffee and fruit and muffins at least, and tvs that actually work...and clerks that aren't too lazy to pick up the damn phone.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

I really like this motel. This is a cheap motel and they have a senior citizen rate and the rate is 31.99 +tax and the manger is very helpful to everyone I wanted one more towel and the manger said right away I will be right there and if you need anything else just call the front desk and they are there is someone there 24/7 unlike other motels.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2015

I'm sort of torn regarding 3 or 4 stars. I'm a big fan of staying at mom&pop hotels and the old section of Route 66 is full of this type of hotel. I'm giving it a 3 based on three things - the doors, no place to hang your clothes, and they won't let you make reservations.

I stayed here because I wanted to be walking distance to the convention center and the closer hotels were full. Basically it is a $40 hotel room and it is what you would expect at $40 - not glamarous and sort of run down (the roof and soffit is terrible, but we had rain and it didn't leak). Yes they take credit cards, but they don't like reservations, but not to worry, Tucumcari is full of hotels. The room was clean (better like pinesol because they like to use it), the bed OK, our bathroom was updated (recently tiled) but the handyman didn't do a great job. The doors are scary. Mine showed signs that someone tried to kick it in at one time. Made me check out the parkinglot to get an idea of what the clientel was to calm my nerves. The place was quiet and nothing appeared seedy.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2015

We stopped in Tucumcarri, New Mexico, on our way to our grandson's college graduation. As I walked to the door of the Budget Inn, I spotted the Travel Advisor sticker on glass. What a wonderful surprise! We had a very nice room - clean, welcomed our dog, a reasonable price and the gentleman was very helpful and friendly. Who could ask for anything more?

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2015

First of all, It was our mistake to pull into the first place we saw. It was late, we were tired after a 12 hour drive. It looked cheap, we figured it couldn't be that bad though....we wrong, soooo wrong! Pieces of drywall were missing on bath walls. Built up mildew all along the tub/shower wall, needless to say I didn't bother taking a shower! Only 1 (yes just ONE) outlet was working which was the one the TV was plugged into! So if you have devices that need to be charged up....forget it! It was just a nasty looking room, it smelt like mildew, you don't dare wanna even set your luggage on the carpet, you don't even want to walk on the filthy carpet with your socks on either! After a rough night of sleeping (mattress was so old & lumpy + pillows were the same), when we left the early next morning, on the way towards IH-40 is where we had came across other motels that were nice!!!! If only we had kept on driving a little further down the same road!!!!

Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business