WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Tucumcari

Motel 6 Tucumcari
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“It's not a bad "motel 6"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overall it was a good stay the mattress could of been better pool was not the cleanest nice people their,except the man who stares at people loved it cause there're pet friendly.plus it a great price and air conditioning was amazing, just bring your own shampoo and conditioner, but if your looking for something cheaper go closer to town, just saying there a little more "run down".

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

... other places up the road!!! What I mean is that there were a few others up the road into town I would have enjoyed staying at more if only for it's ambiance. No ambiance here . . . it's just a Motel 6 but ... it IS Route 66 after all and one should explore more before settling in at the Motel 6!

This one had a nice appearance outside and the sticker price was 37 bucks plus change so I figured ok. Plus they are pet friendly but my "pet" travels with me and can go anywhere because she is a Service Animal so that wasn't the criteria either for me to stay ... I just didn't know that the town had other cooler places I would have loved staying at and even much cheaper. Plus, those other ones are in town . . . a quiet one at that, and closer to food and gas.

Be that as it may, the bathroom was very clean and for that I was glad. I'm kind of a clean freak especially when it comes to bathrooms. The towels were freshly clean, the floor spotless and the toilet was too. The rest of the place was not as clean as the Bathroom. The carpet wasn't ratty but it wasn't spotless either, no doubt with all the dumb dogs that pee or crap on them . . . maybe it's human odor too but it wasn't as fresh smelling as the bathroom. Neither was it so terrible I couldn't stay in it.

I had room 207 which is an upstairs one and non smoking and even though I like ground level rooms, I prefer not being in a smoking room no matter what. That aside, the TV was an old, CRT not flat screen, there was no coffee pot for coffee, there was no shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom and the air conditioner intake on the ceiling froze, then melted and was dripping water right into the closet where one's clothes would be. I didn't know and some of my clothes got wet.

The bed was passable and the sheets clean and in the end, it is the reason why anyone would stay there; it is a cheap room to sleep and have a fresh start in the morning. So 42 bucks with taxes ok? Well consider also there was NO FREE WIFI which was an extra 3 bucks. C'mon mangk! At that price it should be included. The ones closer to town were 32 with tax and they came with FREE INTERNET. Not very thrilled I had to shell out more money. I guess I could have stayed at Super 8 just down the way, pay the same and get free wi fi.

So if you DO stay in Tucumcari, it's right on old route 66 and has lots of charm and only if it is the last place left, you should NOT stay at this motel because of the other, more charming ones a mile west up the road from the motel but if you do stay here, well, meh . . . what the heck. Cheap place to sleep and shower, where you can bring felix the cat, fido the dog or fifi the hamster and that's what they do best, I guess.

Room Tip: Before you check in here, if you like a classic Route 66 motel, there are some in the town that I be...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, accepts pets. Several delivery choices, the Chinese food place was excellent. Has a pool. Only compliant is the temperature control sucks, room was way to hot for comfort. They don't have actual truck parking but they had space in front where you can fit if you're okay with parking on the side of the road.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I often stay at Motel 6 as I travel across America because they are pet friendly and I travel with my pet. This Motel 6 is just off the highway and not within walking distance of anything. The town is not much to speak of, no reason to visit, just was passing through. The desk clerk was a friendly young woman, so polite and helpful. I stayed in room 110. It was clean and comfortable, wifi is an extra 3 dollars, not much television to speak of. It had a nice pool in the courtyard but I did not use it. The parking lot and grounds were nice and clean also. I felt safe staying alone here. It seemed that most of the other guests were senior citizens so the place was nice and quiet, no strange people wandering around. I will stay here again on my return trip.

Room Tip: Many rooms face the pool, so you cannot park your car outside your door if you have a room in the co...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank emomshart
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've been to Motel 6 many times because it's cheap, generally clean, and dog friendly, and I have a large dog friend I sometimes travel with. So if you don't mind that the room smells like dog, and dogs are barking all through the night, then you really love dogs. On the down side, I left my iPad in the bedsheets when I checked out around 5 am, and even though I called shortly after when I realized my mistake, the iPad was nowhere to be found. I know the drill. Somebody stole my iPad and is not giving it back. THANKS, Motel 6. I will just look forward to hearing from "Corporate" in 3-4 weeks with the incident report.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road *might* be quieter than the rooms by the courtyard and pool, where people...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Tucumcari hotels

Craven Arms, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed for one night and it was ok.
In all fairness for $42 the price is good. This is only £25 (GBP) for two people!
If you want luxurious bedrooms, fabulous bathrooms, latest memory foam beds, pay more and sleep somewhere else. Probably not in Tucumcari.....
For anyone looking for a place to sleep while just passing through, it's all you need.
The only down side is that it's right at one end of town so nothing nearby within walking distance. No restaurant or bar on site of course.
On the plus side the young lady on reception was very helpful, very friendly and was doing a great job! Well done her!
I'd recommend it for one night if just as a place to sleep. No problems.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

When I travel I stay exclusively at Motel 6 for the value and that they accept my large German Shepherd. Of the many Motel 6's I have stayed at across the USA, this Motel 6 is by far the best I have stayed at. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and check in was quick. There was ample space to park with my car and trailer. The room was very clean. To my surprise, the room came with a microwave oven and a small refrigerator, which I have not found in other Motel 6's. I will certainly stay here again when passing through this part of the USA.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple