“Best mattresses and linens, very clean, friendly owners”
Review of Motel Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Motel Safari
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stopped here for the night on our recent road trip. When we arrived, Gayle was very welcoming and showed us the room and how everthing worked. The owners put a lot of time and research into making this a nice place to stay. I was very pleased with the awesome mattresses and linens. The room was spotless and the retro look was fun. The air worked great. We thought we might hear our neighbors and the road nearby, but we never heard either. The wireless wi-fi is very fast. The owners are very friendly and we enjoyed visiting with them. I had wanted to get a picture of their cool sign, but it suffered some recent wind damage (don't let that scare you when you first pull up in the drive---the rooms are fun, clean, and the beds are very comfortable).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2010

on april 6, 2010 i wanted to stay in a REAL rt. 66 hotel and still be comfortable and it was perfect! loved it. 56 mouseman gg. ca.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Comfortable bed after a long day of driving. Will definitely stay here again!

Reviewed March 20, 2010

We were so happy to have found this charming little motel on Route 66. It's everything you would imagine it would be, just like stepping back into the early 60's!! However, the furnishings are modern (with a retro style, to keep the original integrity). The bed is so comfortable, I actually asked the owner the next morning what type of mattress and sheets they use!!! With an affordable price, and wonderful furnishings, there is nothing that would keep me from returning to this little piece of motel history!!

Reviewed March 13, 2010

I was fortunate to find this great value at the last minute. It was the best value motel I have ever stayed in. The bed was very comfortable and the ammenities in the room were modern and nice. The owner was very friendly and made sure we felt welcomed. It was a great stay and we will defintely be back if we ever pass throught the area again!

Reviewed March 5, 2010

I was driving from Dallas to Portland. My mother had just passed away two days before and I was feeling pretty blue. I took an exit into Tucumcari just to check out Route 66. I saw this cute little tatoo shop called "Outlaw Tatoo". I decided to get my first tatoo. The shop was closed but Robert, who owns the shop, came in on his day off and gave me the coolest "Mom" tatoo ever. A popeye the sailor man tatoo. It started snowing and before he was through, I was snowed in in Tucumcari. He suggested that I stay at the motel across the street - Safari Motel. I wasn't too impressed with the look of the outside of the motel. Not that it was unkempt or ugly just that it wasn't a motel that I would normally have stopped at. When I verbally hesitated, he said "trust me." I walked over to the motel and asked the owner to show me a room. It was spic and span clean and adorable. Nothing fancy but adorable. Everything looked brand new and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. My day and night on Route 66 in Tucumcari - going to the museum, checking out town, getting my tatoo and staying at the Motel Safari - was my favorite day of my 5 day trip home. I am a 60 year old, married business woman and travel alot. "Trust me".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2010

... and no worry about breaking the budget! Wonderful, comfortable, clean, quiet, worry free sleep. Soft, quality linens, big fluffy, snowy white towels and wash clothes .. what you expect in more costly, big name hotels, but don't often get. Being a couple of older travelers it was a treat to find the "old fashioned" treatment in service, care and quality product we remember being more the custom during the era the ol' route 66 represented in it's hay day. We appreciated the experience and truly felt like special guess. We know you'll feel that way too. Our sincere thanks to the staff and owners of Motel Safari!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple