“This motel is absolutely charming!!”
Review of Motel Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Motel Safari
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We were so happy to have found this charming little motel on Route 66. It's everything you would imagine it would be, just like stepping back into the early 60's!! However, the furnishings are modern (with a retro style, to keep the original integrity). The bed is so comfortable, I actually asked the owner the next morning what type of mattress and sheets they use!!! With an affordable price, and wonderful furnishings, there is nothing that would keep me from returning to this little piece of motel history!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 13, 2010

I was fortunate to find this great value at the last minute. It was the best value motel I have ever stayed in. The bed was very comfortable and the ammenities in the room were modern and nice. The owner was very friendly and made sure we felt welcomed. It was a great stay and we will defintely be back if we ever pass throught the area again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I was driving from Dallas to Portland. My mother had just passed away two days before and I was feeling pretty blue. I took an exit into Tucumcari just to check out Route 66. I saw this cute little tatoo shop called "Outlaw Tatoo". I decided to get my first tatoo. The shop was closed but Robert, who owns the shop, came in on his day off and gave me the coolest "Mom" tatoo ever. A popeye the sailor man tatoo. It started snowing and before he was through, I was snowed in in Tucumcari. He suggested that I stay at the motel across the street - Safari Motel. I wasn't too impressed with the look of the outside of the motel. Not that it was unkempt or ugly just that it wasn't a motel that I would normally have stopped at. When I verbally hesitated, he said "trust me." I walked over to the motel and asked the owner to show me a room. It was spic and span clean and adorable. Nothing fancy but adorable. Everything looked brand new and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. My day and night on Route 66 in Tucumcari - going to the museum, checking out town, getting my tatoo and staying at the Motel Safari - was my favorite day of my 5 day trip home. I am a 60 year old, married business woman and travel alot. "Trust me".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2010

... and no worry about breaking the budget! Wonderful, comfortable, clean, quiet, worry free sleep. Soft, quality linens, big fluffy, snowy white towels and wash clothes .. what you expect in more costly, big name hotels, but don't often get. Being a couple of older travelers it was a treat to find the "old fashioned" treatment in service, care and quality product we remember being more the custom during the era the ol' route 66 represented in it's hay day. We appreciated the experience and truly felt like special guess. We know you'll feel that way too. Our sincere thanks to the staff and owners of Motel Safari!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My son and I traveled from Minnesota to Disneyland and of all the places we stayed, Motel Safari was the most comfortable. I loved the new beds and interior so much we stayed there on our return visit. The owner is a very nice woman and gave us our same room on the return leg. I will stay at this Oasis whenever I travel through Tucumcari. Thanks again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The hotel was awesome, very CLEAN, and affordable.
nice TVs and great wifi( able to play WoW)

I left a box of MTG playing card decks in the room by mistake (worth about $100) and I called the hotel to see if anyone had turned it in. Not only did they remember me by name but offered to ship the cards to me the next day.

I have stayed at a lot of hotels and every time I forget something the hotel staff steals it (even Rx drugs) but not this place.

Motel Safari for the win!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The motel was a great one night stop and the manager/owner was more than helpful. Great little place with a modern decor in a rustic environment.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business