“An Oasis!”
Review of Motel Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Motel Safari
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Road tripping from California to Ohio I broke down in Tucumcari, NM. I totally lucked out when I was told by the garage mechanics to check into the Motel Safari. Richard, the Owner/Manager of the motel, showed me to my room, turned on the lights, pointed out the room amenities and told me to let him and his wife know if I needed anything.

The room was extremely clean, smelled nice, was very quiet and had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Big flat screen TV, instant hot water in the bathroom, small coffee maker with coffee for the morning and the motel provided a list of local restaurants and sites to see in Tucumcari. I was even able to hop online to let my family know where I was - no problem with Internet connection. For a historic property it is really well maintained with room décor staying in line with the retro theme of Route 66.

Tucumcari is a small town but in the future I would absolutely make this motel my overnight stop when road tripping through New Mexico! The Motel Safari is a nice oasis in the dry heat of New Mexico!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed October 8, 2009

We traveled from Hiawassee, Ga out I-90 by all the National Parks and Monuments, and stayed either in our camper or motels. We are both over 60 and have both traveled extensively either for work or pleasure and have NEVER slept in such comfort as we did in this motel. After our wonderful night there, we spoke with Richard and told him we have a vacation cottage we rent, and know the work it takes to make a persons stay comfortable, and REALLY enjoyed our stay. Best value ever. Period.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

As Senior Citizens my husband and I love to go back in time. We found this little gem of a motel on Route 66 in Tucumcari, nm. We are very budget minded but still want to be comfortable. The outside is a older motel that has been repainted and parking repaved. The inside on the rooms have been modernized still keeping with the 50's theme. Very large room with a super comfortable bed and updated bath. Coffee pot for the morning. Someone lives on the property, not sure if it was the owners but they were very nice, took us to our room to check it out.
We travel from Texas to California several time a year and it is so nice to find a place to stay over and over again. We paid $50.00 for 2 seniors.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fryarsmith
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We thank our hostess for making our stay comfortable in such refined facility,.The really nice flat screen television and pillowtop mattresses made us feel at home.The price and comfort would really encourage us to return. Again...many thanks for the comfort!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank webcat66
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Can't be beat for the money. Clean, newly renovated rooms with modern amenities and classic charm. An overachiever in its class.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed September 10, 2009

This was such a great experience. Our family loved this motel, nostalgia at its finest. The most comfortable bed, sheets, and pillows. Very clean. Great price and location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

While taking a two week vacation to see Route 66, we stopped at the Motel Safari in the first few days. The room and the hosts were wonderful! The room was an absolute delight and the owners couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Motel Safari was definitely the best place we stayed on the entire trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple