“Route 66” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Motel Safari
You added Motel Safari to your Saves list
722 East Route 66, Tucumcari, NM 88401   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Texas
“Route 66”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

As Senior Citizens my husband and I love to go back in time. We found this little gem of a motel on Route 66 in Tucumcari, nm. We are very budget minded but still want to be comfortable. The outside is a older motel that has been repainted and parking repaved. The inside on the rooms have been modernized still keeping with the 50's theme. Very large room with a super comfortable bed and updated bath. Coffee pot for the morning. Someone lives on the property, not sure if it was the owners but they were very nice, took us to our room to check it out.
We travel from Texas to California several time a year and it is so nice to find a place to stay over and over again. We paid $50.00 for 2 seniors.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank fryarsmith

tulsa, ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We thank our hostess for making our stay comfortable in such refined facility,.The really nice flat screen television and pillowtop mattresses made us feel at home.The price and comfort would really encourage us to return. Again...many thanks for the comfort!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank webcat66
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Can't be beat for the money. Clean, newly renovated rooms with modern amenities and classic charm. An overachiever in its class.

• Stayed August 2009
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This was such a great experience. Our family loved this motel, nostalgia at its finest. The most comfortable bed, sheets, and pillows. Very clean. Great price and location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Livonia, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

While taking a two week vacation to see Route 66, we stopped at the Motel Safari in the first few days. The room and the hosts were wonderful! The room was an absolute delight and the owners couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Motel Safari was definitely the best place we stayed on the entire trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I was just passing through Tucumcari with my Labradoodle this week and decided to see what was there, and if any hotels would allow dogs. My other option was staying at a very average La Quinta in Amarillo which wasn't very appealing to me. Made one pass down Rt 66 and decided to stop at the Blue Swallow as it was the most eye appealing. They were full, but Bill gladly called across the street to see if there were any rooms available at Motel Safari and if he allowed dogs. To be honest I was a bit nervous because it doesn't have as much Rt 66 curb appeal as the Blue Swallow. Boy was I surprised! Very fast friendly check in. The rooms have been restored as they would have been originally, but with awesome beds, linens, fluffy towels, nice soap/lotion, flat panel tv, fresh smelling, etc. I would have thought I was at a Westin judging from the amenities! Went with owner's recommendation to dine at Del's and was not disappointed. I went with the Mexican food and it was as good as any I ate in Santa Fe only drawback is no cold beer or margaritas to wash it down.

I would actually plan a trip around spending a night in Tucumcari just to go back in time and small town america where guests hang out in the parking lot and visit. And the Innkeeper really tries to make everyone comfortable and welcome. I could go on and on, but I am sure you get my point this is the place to stay when passing through Tucumcari.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank melindajirwin
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Wasn't expecting much, but was I wrong! A husband and wife team recently bought the place, and they do a great job. The wife even went to the store and got me a bag of ice. It is no frills (they didn't have an ice machine) and you have to request a microwave. They could use an electrical outlet near the bathroom - I had to blow dry my hair in the living room, about 20 feet from the bathroom. But I wasn't planning to move in permanently, so the no frills part is inconsequential. You'll get a good night's sleep here. The bed, the sheets, the towels, are all first class, and everything is clean, cean, clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo