Motel Safari
$93
La Quinta
$137
$96
Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$50
$40
Desert Inn(Tucumcari)
$65
$89
Tristar Inn Xpress(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$56
$44
$132
All reviewsthe ownercomfortable bedsgreat surprisefluffy towelsthe mother roadgreat retroflat screen tvnew mexicocool placeplace to stayclassic routeblue swallowroute tripsit outsidegreat routegreat priceblast from the past
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This motel is a treasure! If you're looking for a very authentic Route 66 experience, this is the place!
It is all decked out and furnished in the 60's decor. It is so clean, it is emmaculate!!

Gail, the owner, is so helpful and she takes a very personal interest in her guests. She made us feel very welcome.

The bed was comfortable, the room very clean, and the atmosphere was 60's. perfect.... What more could u ask for while
Driving Route 66 to California?!!! This hotel is a real GEM !!! DO stop in and spend the night!!! You will love it!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan F
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Travelling along Route 66 you want to experience a bit of the past, so it's good to stay at an authentic motel, some motels are a bit of a worry however not Motel Safari, what a great place, the rooms are as good as any modern hotel spacious, clean, great beds and sheets, great nights sleep

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you are stopping in Tucumcari there are many Motels to choose from but the Safari is one of the best known. The room was well appointed in the traditional Route 66 style. The only slight moan would be the poor wi fi connection but this was probably just as our room was the furthest away from reception.
A great place to stop and see Tucumcari - make sure you step out after dusk and see all the hotel neons.

Room Tip: Nearer reception probably gets better wi fi
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the Motel Safari while traveling across the US on a road trip. I was greeted and personally shown to my room. After 9,000+ miles and 27 nights on the road, this is the only place I had such personal service. I was honestly disappointed I was only staying one night. Room and bathroom was clean. AC worked great. Wifi was fast enough that I was able to load photos and videos to some folks back home. I was able to park 2 feet from my door. If you have a chance to stay here, take it! Staying at this hotel gave me the impression I was back to a time when Route 66 was alive and thriving... Very comfortable location.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed the night in their King luxury suite and it was amazing! The room was absolutely fun, nostalgic and huge! It was an amazing steal for the price. We loved the vintage photographs and the autographed Wanda Jackson photos. The room was spotless, the towels were super soft, and the TV was huge! Everything was great right down to the staff. We were well taken care of. I would recommend staying here any time, especially in the Wanda Jackson Suite. We wished we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The Wanda Jackson Suite is big, kitschy, and a great price.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple