Motel Safari
Desert Inn(Tucumcari)
$65
$120
Hotels.com
Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$50
$40
Tristar Inn Xpress(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$56
$44
Hotwire.com
$89
All reviewsthe ownercomfortable bedsgreat surprisefluffy towelsthe mother roadgreat retroflat screen tvnew mexicocool placeplace to stayclassic routeblue swallowroute tripsit outsidegreat routegreat priceblast from the past
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at Motel Safari on a recent road trip across country. The rooms were clean, comfortable, well renovated, and the beds and linens, very comfortable. All in all, a great stay and I would recommend this great little spot to anyone staying in Tucumcari.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had the privilege to stay at the Motel Safari on our R66 road trip and had a fabulous time.

Richard and Gail were brilliant hosts and we spent a very enjoyable evening with them, chatting over a coupe of beers.

The room / bathroom were immaculate and we had the best nights sleep ever. Gail recommended the Lizard Lounge for dinner and we were not disappointed at all.

It was really nice to be able to sit outside the room and enjoy the sunset in the evening.

It is really obvious that Gail and Richard love what they do and love R66, our only regret was we coud not stay longer.

Thank you be you very much for making us feel so welcome

Room Tip: Just stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed in Tucumcari, NM on our way to visit friends in New Mexico and were pleasantly surprised by both the town and the motels. The innkeeper at Motel Safari called us to see if we needed directions to get there and was very friendly and nice. The motel is on a strip with a lot of other independently-owned motels which are mostly all very well maintained. I am not one for commercial fun (i.e. Disneyland) so I wondered how I would like the very Route 66 themed town, but it was kitschy instead of obnoxious. The food at Del's was quite tasty. I went with low expectations and left feeling like I'd gotten way more than I bargained for. Excellent value. Clean rooms. Fun for a day. Great motel.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I traveled to Tucumcari to shoot the cover & centerfold for La Loca Magazine. We stayed at Motel Safari & had a WONDERFUL time!!
When we first arrived they had a BBQ & had prepared the most DELICIOUS food!! Oh my gosh, it was the nicest welcome ever!
After we ate we relaxed in our LOVELY room. It was perfectly clean & perfectly lovely!

After we left I realized that I left my new shoes in my room, I was heartbroken ='(
To my surprise, the owner actually sent them to my home in the mail!! She even paid the postage! This was above & beyond what could ever be expected & I was shocked, amazed & so very thankful!

I will stay here again because they are as classy as they are sweet!! THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this motor court on the Rockabilly weekend and it was great. Very clean and nicely done in 1950's retro style. Would recommend this to anyone into history. The motel is owned by very nice people. We had a good time talking to them out on the patio. Nice sign that reads Glenrio and Lupton and has arrows pointing the way.