Motel Safari
$75
$73
Agoda.com
$89
Tristar Inn Xpress(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$56
$42
Travelocity
All reviewsthe ownercomfortable bedsgreat surprisefluffy towelsthe mother roadgreat retroflat screen tvnew mexicocool placeplace to stayclassic routeblue swallowroute tripsit outsidegreat routegreat priceblast from the past
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We booked this motel because of other Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Gail was very helpful. Took us to our room and showed us how everything worked. The room was large, clean and nicely decorated in the retro look. Great bed. Room and bath were spotless. Will definately stay again when in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ok, pulled in to this hotel on 04/13/12 with the wife on vacation. Inn Keeper walks you to your room, explains the A/C system, (nice remote controlled), shows you around, very nice touch....The room had good beds, room was clean as white linen, flat screen TV, good lighting and best of all; No Crappy HBO.

Really reasonably priced, good value, and you get a real door key. This is Hwy 66 retro at it's very best !! Will definitely stay here again....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank USAsearcher
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stumbled on the Safari on way back to Ohio from Arizona. Driving for a full day and no reservations, we stopped in the Safari by chance and were pleasantly surprised. A little apprehensive we asked Gail if we could see a room. She gladly showed us the room we could have and were very, very pleased. The room was spotless and quite comfortable. It proved to be a real treat to stay in a classic Route 66 Motel. Gail also spent the time to give us some local color and excellent recommendations for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank joekr47
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was beyond amazed by this cute little motel! This was my first time to actually stay in a motel along route 66. Usually I always go for chain hotels or motels but based on all the good reviews I decided to take a change & I was sure glad I did! My first impression was how friendly the lady at the front desk was. She came to our room and told us how to use everything. She also recomended places to eat. The room itself had a lot of cute details such as the retro radio, retro tissue holder, retro/original tub/tiles, retro furniture & of course a new flatsceen T.V. The only thing I see they need improvement on is providing better internet service which had a very weak signal. Overall the room was very clean and had all the basics. I will definetly be staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Leanne T
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have traveled Route 66 five times...all the way from Chicago to Los Angeles. I have stayed in Tucumcari twice: once at the Blue Swallow (also good), and last summer at Motel Safari. I can honestly say that the stay at Motel Safari was one of the best stays I've ever had at a motel/hotel, Route 66 or otherwise.

One of the things I will always remember about my stay is that the lady running the desk actually walked me to my room and wanted to make sure everything was OK with my room. Upon entering, I found that the song "Tucumcari Tonite" (?) was playing on the in-room stereo. Try finding that kind of care and attention to detail at a chain on Interstate 40. You can't.

Cost-effective, friendly, classy, CLEAN, with prompt and efficient service.

THANK YOU, Motel Safari!