Historic Route 66 Motel
Rodeway Inn(Tucumcari)
$55
$62
$132
Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$50
La Quinta
$120
$96
Hotwire.com
Tristar Inn Xpress(Tucumcari)(Great Value!)
$56
$44
$89
Motel Safari(Tucumcari)
All reviewscoffee shopespresso barhistoric routethe ownerwood panelingfloor to ceiling windowsmid centuryretro viberoom was cleanroute motelgreat pricelike stepping back in timemini fridgecross countrywe've stayednext morninglizard lounge
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Every time I am traveling along I-40 this is the one place I want to stop. Best room in America for under $40. Clean, comfortable beds. Free Wifi. Nice coffee shop. Never disappointing. Even though I am only through here once every 6 months or so, the owner always remembers me and a friendly greeting goes a long way. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. #107 is my favorite. The corners are a little larger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an outstanding motel for the highway traveler. We arrived at 10:50 at night, and the hotel owner was expecting us and extremely welcoming. He told us what would be open at that hour for food and how early local restaurants opened, including their coffee bar. The beds were comfortable; the room adequate. Don't let the extremely reasonable nightly rate deter you from staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kantravel3
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As most travelers stopping in Tucumcari, I just needed a night's stay. I read the reviews and saw the affordable rate and decided to give it a go. The innkeeper was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and they had the channel I needed to watch the Dodger game. I was satisfied. In the sixties my family travelled route 66 and stayed in Tucumcari. For all I know we stayed in this motel. That's a fun thought.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank okbeth
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is my second visit here. Rates have been raised a bit, which is good; since their previous too low rates would have made it hard for them to continue in business.

The first room they gave us had a drain problem, so they moved us right away. Good bed and mattress with clean sheets and towels. It is hard to beat this place for price and quality.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DUTCH_Van_Atlanta
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This wonderful old hotel was a great find. It was easily located for on and off the freeway. It was quiet and super clean. The staff was very nice. They have a small coffee shop attached for your morning cup. It had a refrigerator and microwave. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family