“A Historic Mod Retro Motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Historic Route 66 Motel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I were arriving ridiculously late after the office would be closed and Kathy, one of the owners, made arrangements for us so that we could still check in. Very accommodating and helpful, thank you! The exceptional customer service, the espresso bar and the mod retro look makes this Route 66 Motel a must see & stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marniyl7

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This motel is a real sleeper - pun intended! Room was clean and comfortable. Owner was very friendly. They have an excellent coffee shop on the premises where you can get coffee that is far better than the dishwater served in so many US restaurants.

Their prices are far too low for what they offer

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DUTCH_Van_Atlanta
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It was only my feelings that must be the right place to stay.And it was.There is no complain about this nice and clean place to stay.Thanks to this friendly people.

Helmuth and Karoline from Vienna ,Austria

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I, and our dogs, have stayed here three times and have never been sorry for our decision. The owners have always been helpful. And the rooms have always been nice. Loved it when they added the espresso cafe. I have been telling everyone to stop here if at all possible. Later this summer I'll be driving the in-laws out West on a extended road trip, and will travel an extra 500 miles in order to spend the night and show-off this gem of Rt.66 history. Also to go down the road and have a drink at the Lizard Lounge. Thank you Cathy and Michael for saving this little bit of Americana. Love this place, see you soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our family of five stopped off here on our way from AZ to TX winding down our Spring Break trip and wanting a little bit of the Route 66 vibe. We booked a King for my husband and me, a single Queen for my son and the corner double beds for our daughters, and everyone was very happy with their rooms - not easy to please teenagers! It was different than anywhere they had ever stayed, and me too for that matter, giving us a new experience. My husband and I loved the walls of windows to our room, but note the corner room for the girls didn't have this. Since they are teenage girls, it actually made me feel a lot safer without the wall of windows for them. Check-in and check-out were simple, the rooms were of good size, comfy and like stepping back in time. I've read the reviews concerning the window units, but I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me. However, do expect it to turn on and off throughout the night. You have all the BARE necessities, but do not stay here if you are expecting the Ritz..... you are not PAYING for the Ritz. These rooms are of great value! Everything here was as expected for us, with only one delightful exception, the stylish coffee bar! The owner made me a killer cappuccino, and I stole a few moments with my IPad, coffee and a biscotti in the morning.

There are a few pastries at the coffee shop, but if you desire a large, homestyle cooked breakfast head to Kix on 66 just down the street.

Room Tip: If you would like a wall of windows to your room, don't pick a corner. If you want tons of spac...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stopped here for one night in January. Check in was smooth, except for the pet paperwork, which was a little intimidating.

Our room was clean, and the beds comfortable

The only drawback, as mentioned in other reviews, was the very noisy wall mounted heater/ac unit. If you are a light sleeper, either bring earplugs, or stay elsewhere.

Also, the front desk is not manned until 3:00pm.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The owner/operator answered my phone call as I approached Tucumcari, NM after dark. She was kind and informative. Our room was clean, simple and featured extremely comfortable beds. This means a lot to me since I had been traveling for two days straight. The room was simple retro and for the price a fantastic's nights' value. PLUS they have an espresso bar on property where the same owner who checked me in built me a morning coffee that was top shelf. I did some biz on their wireless and had a 2nd cup for the road. I am through there every year. I will stop again. (And my biz pard loved it that Circa, the espresso bar, had a quality cup of tea for his morning start up. This is something most American establishments miss completely.)

Room Tip: Get a glass front window and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business