“Bugs Everywhere”

Motel 6 Truth or Consequences
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stopped here Labor Day weekend as we were in Hatch for the Chili Festival. Must be the time of year as no one else commented, but there are big black beetles & large crickets EVERYWHERE! We usually request a 1st floor room to make carrying in luggage easier, but this may have been a mistake as well. We're finding the bugs inside the room & even found a dead cricket when pulling back the sheets.
Room smells terrible (though we've also smelled worse at other Motel 6's), TV & microwave are dated. A/C unit it old and loud & we're having to turn the volume up on the TV just to hear over it but it is keeping the room cool. Not all rooms have refrigerators as someone else in our group does not have one in their room. If you need one be sure the room you book states that it has one.
It's our first night here & it's 2am so we have yet to speak with the front desk, but I'm sure there isn't much they can do. But for under $50, all these things should be expected.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Motel6Traveler

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was late and we were tired, so we picked this place as it was cheap and convenient. It was just about adequate. Check in person was fine, room was ok but dated and lacking in maintenance. The bath, for example, had it's coating peeling. If I were to to go back to Truth or Consequences, I'd skip the budget hotels and stay in one of the old spa places nearer the center of town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Giantaxe
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being a frugal person, I was looking for a reasonable motel and remember the nice ads about Motel 6. The young woman at the desk was nice enough but the room was way below standard with a dirty carpet and holes in the linoleum in the bathroom. We decided we couldn't be comfortable sleeping and bathing in such a room, so we called the desk about checking back out. She said it was not a problem and that we'd get a refund. However, the owner has refused to give us a refund!
Pay a little more and get a decent place!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Zodiac41
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

PLEASE sleep in your car. We were driving very late from Las Vegas , and all we wanted was a comfort bed to sleep at 3am . We went to two different hotels , holiday inn $110 , and comfort inn $85 and we stayed at the cheap one for $60. Not a good choice, very old fashion, nothing updated, smelled very bad, the carpet look so dirty and the toilet had bugs, I felt so bad for my kids to sleep there . The bed felt so hard and the linen had stains, I really felt like something was crawling on me in bed. I told my husband let go back to holiday inn, I'll pay

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Evvienancy
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Dont know about any other rooms but my top floor end room bathroom tiles were buckeling and it smelled like urine. Kinda pricy for that nasty a room when im so tired i just turned the fan on closed the door and fell asleep.

Room Tip: stay away from the back end of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jon J
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had to be in TRC for a tv shoot. The only place available online was this Motel 6. It's BASIC. The motel is old, the a/c all unit was really loud all night and it just didn't feel 100% clean. I can only say the room rate was cheap. If traveling to TRC, I'd call around or check this website for recommendations first.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AMPairlines
Reviewed August 17, 2011

While stuck here while on the road for business travel, I had the distinct displeasure of dealing with the managers here, and I will never stay here again. They were hostile and inconsiderate. Next time I am in the area I will stay on I-25 and head for Albuquerque or Las Cruces.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo