“Not worth the stay”

Motel 6 Truth or Consequences
“Not worth the stay”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

PLEASE sleep in your car. We were driving very late from Las Vegas , and all we wanted was a comfort bed to sleep at 3am . We went to two different hotels , holiday inn $110 , and comfort inn $85 and we stayed at the cheap one for $60. Not a good choice, very old fashion, nothing updated, smelled very bad, the carpet look so dirty and the toilet had bugs, I felt so bad for my kids to sleep there . The bed felt so hard and the linen had stains, I really felt like something was crawling on me in bed. I told my husband let go back to holiday inn, I'll pay

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Evvienancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Dont know about any other rooms but my top floor end room bathroom tiles were buckeling and it smelled like urine. Kinda pricy for that nasty a room when im so tired i just turned the fan on closed the door and fell asleep.

Room Tip: stay away from the back end of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jon J

Travelers are raving about these Truth or Consequences hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had to be in TRC for a tv shoot. The only place available online was this Motel 6. It's BASIC. The motel is old, the a/c all unit was really loud all night and it just didn't feel 100% clean. I can only say the room rate was cheap. If traveling to TRC, I'd call around or check this website for recommendations first.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AMPairlines
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 17, 2011

While stuck here while on the road for business travel, I had the distinct displeasure of dealing with the managers here, and I will never stay here again. They were hostile and inconsiderate. Next time I am in the area I will stay on I-25 and head for Albuquerque or Las Cruces.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank David S
New Mexico
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I wanted a cheap room before a fishing trip and that is what I got. Old, smelly and crummy but I guess you get what you pay for. There are no great hotels in T or C but I would stay away from this one....best bet is to go 1 hour south to Las Cruces where they have a number of decent places to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SantiagoDelValle
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I could have written that review myself! We got to T or C late on a Saturday night. We were tired and couldn't find the Comfort very easily. We stayed here. The room smelled of smoke. The bed broke and fell off it it's foundation when we tried to find an outlet to plug our laptop in to. The mattress sagged in the middle. The tub had permanent black ick in it. I stood on a towel in the shower when I showered. It was the only nonsmoking room they had available (which I find remarkable). The room was a fire hazard with lack of outlets and hidden extension cords.

We, too, took one look at the breakfast and headed across the parking lot to McDonald's. I doubt we'll ever been in T or C again but if we are we'll plan ahead and find a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank berrribabe
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2008

T or C is very limited on their motel offerings. My first piece of advice would be - stay at the Comfort Inn next door it is much nicer and cleaner, even if a bit more $$. The hotel has no elevator so if you are on the second floor get ready to drag your luggage up the creaky stairs. The halls smell really bad of stale ciggie smoke.

We had booked two rooms - one had barely been cleaned and NO toilet paper on the role and half the towels missing. There were also urine stains on the toilet seat so it was obvious the maid service was sub standard. The other room was much better and much cleaner. So here are the cons: toilet paper was hard and barely usable, towels were stained and washed so many times you could practically see through them, sheets were paper think and looked to be at least ten or more years old.

Half the time for the morning breakfast there was nothing down there except a couple of apples - even though they boast donuts, cereal and toast. The maid service was truly bad - we stayed four nights and were shorted on towels or the in room coffee would not be replenished or cleaned.

Some of the staff were VERY accomodating and you could see they felt bad, others were abrupt and you would think they were handing over a bar of gold when you asked for an extra towel (some of the towels were so ragged you literally needed two to dry off)

The bottom line - I have seen worse motels in terms of rodents and insects (this one was free of both) but I would avoid the Super 8 unless you can't get in somewhere else.

• Liked — Free Wi-Fi
  • Disliked — Towels, Sheets, No Pool, No Elevator, Smells of smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Betsy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#8 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte

Been to Motel 6 Truth or Consequences? Share your experiences!