“Soak in the Sun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths
You added Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths to your Saves list
Portland, Oregon
“Soak in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

We love Blackstone. It's a fun setting with themed rooms. We've stayed in The Jetsons and Babaloo (The Lucy Show) rooms. The charming garden courtyard is a fun setting fro relaxing. Hot baths in each room provide privacy for relaxation. The cozy robes and fine coffee were fine amenities. For us, it's a good little getaway from Albuquerque.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ellenbergd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Payson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I stayed at the Blackstone Hotsprings with my wife for 3 days/ 2 nights. We had the greatest time at this place! The owners have gone to great length to ensure that you feel you're experiencing luxury lodging.

I am an insomniac and I slept great in their king-size bed in the "As the World Turns" room. I liked the mattress and bedding so much that I have decided to try and replicate the same serene sleeping experience at home!

Your room will be clean, spotless and fragrance-free. The dark roast, gourmet coffee is superbly delicious. Mugs and silverware were provided for the coffee and we used their ceramic bowls for our breakfast. Noise was not an issue at all during the stay; both street noise and noise from guests was non-existent. I noticed that when I crossed paths with fellow guests, they were all classy, respectful and happy people.

You must use the Wet Room. I wasn't going to buy the pass but Rob talked me into it and both my wife and I are thrilled that he did. The Wet Room experience made us feel deeply relaxed yet also feeling like we had an invigorating workout,. It was amazing and if I ever win the lottery, I am so moving to T or C and creating my own Wet Room. We reserved the Wet Room for 1 hour per day from 8-9 p.m. This was a perfect way for us to start unwinding prior to going to bed.

Although I did not come to face-to-face with the owners, Rob and Ralph, I have spoken with them both on the phone and via email. They both been consistently kind and most accommodating. Everyone who visits Blackstone seems to love these guys and I can see why. The woman who checked us in and out was super laid-back and friendly.

I can't wait to go back!

Rastaman from Payson

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rastamonster_from_AZ
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

T or C has been known for its "waters" for centuries and Rob & Ralph have brought this particular bath house into the 21st century. The Blackstone is a really sweet little inn. The owners have done a great job renovating the place to make it hip, spacious & comfortable. Staff is friendly and courteous. Our room, "As the World Turns," had a humongous hot springs tub, comfortable king sized bed, private patio, refrigerator, microwave & a flat screen TV on satellite. It was a Monday night and every room was occupied.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

Such a treat to have clean, comfortable lodging with character in this little town. Having a hot spring tub in the room is a huge bonus (there's one in every room). The bed was awesome. The courtyard and general atmosphere of the place is funky and welcoming. Rob and Ralph are welcoming hosts and I enjoyed simply visiting with them on several occaisions.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank EmiABQ
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Wonderful! Greeted with a hug, charming and spacious Roy Rogers room, extra comfy bed, real wine glasses in the kitchen, remote temperature control, very sweet. The "wet room" is a spiritual experience. Can't wait to go back with my family!

• Liked — Thoughtfulness in the details.
  • Disliked — Noises in the adjacent driveway at 7 am. Also, I couldn't get a third night there; they were booked solid.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank SantaFeFlo
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

This is a wonderful place, will make even the most choosy person happy. We stayed in the Roy Rodgers room and it was a total bargain! Clean comfortable and very well appointed. Has as in-room tub for people who like to be alone and there is also more choices in the bathhouse. Great location near restaurants and the main section of town, we parked our car and never used it once we arrived.

• Liked — They were wonderful in every way
  • Disliked — I prefer a free-flowing natural tub, but the in-room tub was fine.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CelineSoCA
South Oxfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We were only able to stay for one night but it is unforgettable - for the rooms, for the wet room, for the hospitality and generosity of the owners.
The rooms are themed around tv programs but done with imagination and flair. The themes don't get in the way of the luxury of each room - every aspect has been thought out in great detail from the robes in the wardrobe to the photographs on the walls.
The wet room has to be seen to be believed - as we were only staying one night I wasn't going to use the wet room but management pursuaded me otherwise - and I am so glad they did. This is an experience not to be missed.
It's easy to see and appreciate the care and thought that the owners have put into the Blackstone and on meeting them the passion that they have for it and their hospitality make it a New Mexico experience not to be missed.
A total joy!

• Liked — Friendly luxury and every aspect well thought out
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#1 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.5 of 5 stars 771 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#4 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 151 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths? Share your experiences!