“Great room....wonderful hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths
Reviewed October 27, 2008

We were on a month long vacation and planned to be passing through Truth or Consequenses during that trip, because we like hot springs resorts. I had researched hotels in that area and had found there weren't a lot to my liking but Blackstones seemed to pop out of the box. When we arrived we weren't sure where it was located so we called the Inn directly. Rob, one of the owners, personally directed us to the property.

What a wonderful suprise....A quaint, southwestern style inn with charm you cannot believe. Each suite has its own theme. We stayed in the "Golden Girls" suite and loved every minute.

The king size bed was to die for. In a month away from home you seldom find the comfort of a good bed. Well Blackstones has that.

The private in-room hot springs tubs are as unique as the place itself. We are frequent visitors to Chico Hot Springs in Montana but really found Blackstones to be more to our liking as far as hot springs. The privacy of your own little soaking tub was divine.

The hospitality of the owners was very special. We felt at home from the very beginning. We decided to stay another night because we liked it so much. A charming little garden off the front porch and a private patio in the back. What a find. We will be back.

The restaurants "Bellaluca" and "The Happy Belli Deli" that were recommended by the owners were as delightful as the place itself. We had a great visit.......

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Wysnowbird

Reviewed October 26, 2008

We were just lucky to stop by and inquire about their facilities when their hostess Marguerite met us and gave us a tour of each room, we fell in love with Blackstone immediately. We could not wait to get back home to make reservations. Since then we have gone back almost every two weeks. The rooms are very spacious, and very clean, the beds are very soft and comfortable. The tubs are great to have in the individual rooms for soaking in privacy, but the only problem you will find is deciding to up grade to the bath house, because it is worth the experience. Once you stay at Blackstone you wont want to stay anywhere else.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I've just discovered one of my favorite rooms anywhere in the world. It was called As The World Turns room at The Blackstone Lodge And Spa. You enter through a fenced in flowered courtyard to a beautiful little bedroom and a large bathroom/kitchen. A huge tiled tub with a waterfall is in the bath and you fill it with the natural mineral water from the hot springs. The bed is scrumptious. The people were friendly. I wish it were closer to my home.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I really had an inner debate about whether or not to post a review. On the one hand, The Blackstone is hands down the best lodging I've ever experienced. On the other hand, if I help spread the world, it will get too hard to get a room when I want one. But compassion for my fellow traveller has won the day, and so I will share, albeit reluctantly.

I was in T or C with a friend for two nights. The first night we stayed one night somewhere else... which will remain unnamed. When we were having breakfast at the Happy Belly Deli, I asked the owner if she were staying here in T or C for a night, where would she go... Her answer was fast: The Blackstone. She even went to a local magazine where there was a photo of the "Wet Room" and she gushed about it. So we decided to try it.

When you enter in the compound of the Blackstone, you are greeted by Sunflowers and a lovely garden patio. It is quiet and calm, and beautiful. We were early, and greeted by Rob- a man who is a dead ringer for a younger Tim Curry, who was brilliant and funny despite being on his first cup of coffee. He showed us the Jetsons room- and I was in love. Following the lovely Rob in his bathrobe, we made arrangements for staying that night in the Jetsons room- and some time in the Wet Room.

Each room of the Blackstone is inspired by an early television show (after the Truth or Consequences theme), and most of the shows started out as Radio programs. The place has an amazing palatte, and in talking to Rob and Ralph who are responsible for this vision, I learned how much work went into creating it. This place is utterly incredible- but it's more than the colors.

Before we were in our room, we tried the wet room. WOW. A waterfall of the natural springs water (which is about 110 degrees naturally) creates the sauna. After steaming, you go into a lovely bath which is 99 degrees- and perfect.

I keep using that word- perfect. They hit every note. It's beautiful, it's comfortable and it's welcoming. It was a joy to be there.

The Jetson's suite was perfect too. With southwestern colors and Jetson's memorabilia and posters, it was modern yet elegant. There was a beautiful sitting area, with the sort of furniture you expect in a luxury home, not in a hotel. There was a lovely kitchenette, complete with a coffee maker and GOOD coffee.

The bed was huge with great linens and a fabulous duvet that made sleep a joy.

But the bathroom. When you hear bathroom, you think of commode... when you think of Blacksone and Bath- the Bath is capitalized for a reason. I have no idea how big the bathtub really was, but my guess is about 8 feet by 4 or 5 feet. And deep. And wonderful. With water either from the city or the natural hot springs. Heaven has a bathtub like this.

Our hosts were absolutely gracious... and I know that as often as I can, I will return.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have stayed at the Blackstone twice since accidentally discovering their website. I live just 75 miles away, but it is truly like a visit to another world. The owners have done a wonderful job of remodeling a 1950's apartment building into a lovely and luxurious spa and motel. The rooms are beautiful and no detail has been overlooked. The beds are extremely comfortable, and having an in-room mineral beth any time you want to use it is amazing. While staying there, walk just down the street and around the corner to eat at the "Little Sprout" restaurant - another gem in Truth or Consequences.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2008

We stayed overnight in the Blackstone and, as we were a party of 6, rented 3 rooms - the Jetsons, the Babaloo and As The World Turns. The property is really beautiful, great attention to detail, extremely stylish and just a little bit kitsch.

All our rooms were large, the Jetsons was my favourite. The in room soaking tubs were superb, kitchenettes very convenient and widescreen HDTV.

The courtyard area is lovely, flowers, veg, herbs, birds and insects - very tranquil.

The owners and staff were all lovely, very helpful and interesting to speak to.

Truth or Consequence is a quirky, arty small town with some decent restaurants and cafes and shops, surrounding area is beautiful and interesting.

The Blackstone is the sort of place I would love to spend many weekends at, unfortunately I'm a little far away for that. Even though it has great reviews here already it surpassed all my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I had been wanting to stay here since I discovered the Wet Room on one of my weekend trips to TrC. I love everything about this place: the owners, the flowers, the dog, the wonderful beds with the softest sheets, the perfect layout of each room, the in-room tubs, the decor, the comfort, and the warm floors (my feet were never cold here). The only thing I didn't like was leaving.

I will be back, again and again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
2 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#9 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#3 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths? Share your experiences!