“this was our first time and it was a great place and we will be back”
Review of Pelican Spa

Pelican Spa
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“this was our first time and it was a great place and we will be back”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

we had a cozy room and the staff is very friendly , we will be back in the future

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2011

If you are looking for super trendy high end "luxury" ad "ambiance" then The Pelican is not for you. IF you enjoy a place with character, a place that isn't afraid to be shabby sheik, a place where you can just relax and soak it all in; then look no further. We stay at the Pink Pelican right across the street from the main building and bath house. We love the funky little apartment rooms. It's like something from an old 1950's movie; retro and fabulous! Very reasonably priced considering the unlimited soaks that go along with your room. And especially when considering how much it could cost at other places for just an hour of private time. Stay here!! Give this place your money, help to keep it around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We got to Elephant Butte several times during the year, and I have never heard of this place. All other rooms were sold out, but you had a couple of rooms left. I will never consider staying anywhere else. We stayed in the rock house. I would have loved to spend the entire day in my room.

We didn't have time in the evening to use the tubs, but when we checked out the friendly staff talked me and my girls into taking a soak! It was great!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed July 27, 2011

great staff surrounded by a unique city near elephant butte lake. mineral spa hotels are the norm here.services like food was from great service to sporadic service. i recommend happy belly deli, sunset grill, a and b drive up, celestial creatures and pacific west . things get iffy with bella luca-upscale with fair food but really bad service and at groovy gritz 2nd thing out of a waiters mouth at bar after i said i was from texas was a contentious remark about how bad we were -down there that attititude is pervasive in new mexico. to bad nice people here. maria's restaurant superb mexican food. need a good massage andre soule, soap and suds good laudrymat,dawn at whitehead motor can really detail your car due to the sand at the rio grande river, caballo lake and the butte.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Our recent stay at the Pelican Spa in Truth or Consequences, NM proved to be a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, one that I will not forget. If you want to get away, relax in the mineral hot spring water and meet wonderful people then visit The Pelican Spa. I suffer from Fibryalgia and back problems and have never felt better than floating in that relaxing mineral spring water. And the nicest people you will ever meet are Sid Bryan, the owner and Kimberly, the manager and "Sophia", the welcoming Hostess. These folks see to your every need. And we felt like "Mi Casa es Su Casa" the whole time there. They welcome pets, which I absolutely appreciate because I wouldn't stay anywhere my two westies weren't allowed. So I say stop in for a visit, it will be absolutely wonderful.
The Bruening Family

• Stayed May 2011
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have read some bad reviews so had to put in my 2 cents worth. I came for Fiesta weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the quirky atmosphere and value of the room.! The staff were so kind and helpful, the room was clean,.. The owner had an open house where his generosity and value of good friends was open and welcoming to all. This added to the pleasure of my experience. Someone told me about the loft room and i got to see if before I left. Amazing place for the price, and I am soooo looking forward to spending some time there in the future for a weekend getaway with friends!!....please keep up the good work,....I think I found paradise in Tor C!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Deming
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My son, daughter in law, sister and I stayed at the Pelican Spa March 24-26. We stayed in the Turquoise Suite and had a great time. ai looked at other spas in town but all were booked. I decided to try the Pelican Spa and was pleased I did. The people who worked there were nice and friendly. I have some friends that live in T or C and when I asked if it would be alright if a few of them came over to soak with me, I was told no problem as long as I didn't interfere with the other guests. We all enjoyed our stay at the Pelican. I travel quite a bit since I work in Iraq and so many motel rooms are so generic, so this room (turquopise suite) although eclectic was a refreshing change and I will stay at this property again when in town. The baths were a bit different from some others in town, but the effects were still the same, pleasant and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for the Turquoise Suite