“Awesome food, cute atmosphere”
Review of Happy Belly Deli - CLOSED

Happy Belly Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place was our favorite in Truth or Consequences. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was really cute. We'd definitely go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ate here because of the free coupon from the Fire Water Lodge, but repeated our visit just because we liked it. It's lovely, you can sit outdoors and feast on a delicious breakfast and simply relax without feeling pressured to leave. It's a also a great mix of locals (which is reassuring) and tourists (who are made to feel comfortable) and an all in all enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We are staying at the Fire Water Lodge, next door to the Happy Belly Deli. One of the perks of staying here is a voucher for a cheese and egg bagel at this eclectic little establishment. Lori had her sandwich made with a garlic bagel, I chose the honey nut bagel. I ate part of Lori's. Both were very tasty and filling. The walls of the Happy Belly Deli are covered with artwork that is for sale. Prices range from $60 to a couple of hundred bucks but for those who can afford them, they are unique souvenirs.

We have one more breakfast before we leave T or C in the morning and you know where that will be and not just because the sandwiches are complimentary.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were drawn here because of the easy walk from our overnight room. We arrived to see several folks eating on the patio and several inside, I visited with several customers to get their opinion of the food, It looked good but I wanted to know about the taste, I ordered a medium pizza from the menu but asked to delete an item on the pizza, The waitress suggested I add another item which surprised me as there was no charge for the substitution. The size of the pizza was huge and it was cooked brown on the crust, They ask if I wanted it longer but I thought it was "just right" I have never had a person ask me to anything about how my pizza should be cooked.
We also had breakfast here. I loved the bagels and cream cheese. They had other items and my partner had eggs and meat. He said it was very good. We hope to be back to T or C and we plan on eating at Happy Belly Deli again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here before and it was pretty good. Looked at reviews and decided to try again. This time...they forgot the toast, they only had one ketchup bottle that was nearly empty to share among all tables, home fries were hmm what can I say.