“Make Sure You Have Steak Here”

Los Arcos Steak and Lobster House
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Make Sure You Have Steak Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2008

Yesterday my husband and I ate at Los Arcos for the first time in ten years, mainly because we don't come to this area of the state very often. We recalled the good steak we had there before and decided to stop. Yes, it is expensive, but it always has been and, most importantly, serves consistently good steak. I ordered the walleye pike and it was DELICIOUS! My husband's steak was EXCELLENt. Very good and so were the vegetables that were served with it. The rice pilaf was ordinary. You want good food, try here.

“I Like Los Arcos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

This place has been in business for over 30 years with the same owner. Pricey for T or C but well worth it. We had a large group and the service (Morgan) was great. Everyone was happy with the food and drink.

Long Beach, CA
“Great Steaks and Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

My wife and I came into town last week and decided to have one "nice" (translation: expensive) dinner while on our vacation so we went to Los Arcos on a recommendation from another tourist in the area.
While not exactly fine dining by metropolitan standards, this is about as formal as TorC gets (which is why I come to TorC in the first place). The hostess and waitress were very friendly, polite and accommodating. We were seated promptly and served drink orders immediately.

Drinks:
The Iced tea was excellent.

Appetizers:
Fried Zucchini was a small portion for the price, but very tasty.

Shrimp Cocktail had wonderful Shrimp but the cocktail sauce tasted like someone had ground way too much pepper into it. It may have just been that day, but the quality of shrimp made up for it. We ended up just using lemon juice.

Bread:
Sourdough thick soft slices. Really good. Tasted better than they looked.

Entrees:
The small lobster entree with rice was the perfect size for my wife. The lobster was fresh and cooked perfectly, no mushiness. Ranch dressing was good, but nothing to write home about.

The steak and king crab plate was perfection on both accounts. High quality beef cooked to perfection and great crab legs. The blue cheese dressing was amazing and tasted like it was made there.

We didn't have room for dessert...

I would certainly recommend this establishment for a nice dinner of high quality food served in an efficient and friendly manner. I thought it was a bit pricey for the area we were in, but I imagine it costs a fair amount of money to get the fresh seafood into TorC. Overall, I would give this place an B+ if it were anywhere but TorC, but an A for exceeding what I would expect within town limits.

Bay Area, California
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2008

We eat here everytime we visit TorC. The food is wonderful, but the prices are high.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great bar and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

I was going to have dinner, but first sat in their very comfortable bar for a microbrew. I spotted someone having their mixed vegetable platter, and had to have it. It is a giant platter deep of deep fried zucchini, cauliflower, and mushrooms for $7.95. Just the large amount of mushrooms alone would have been worth it. The platter is easily enough for four people.

Since I didn't plan on having a health food meal, I also ordered their burger platter with potato salad to balance it out.

I never made it into the restaurant - and didn't care!!