“Average Tex Mex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, Colorado
“Average Tex Mex”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This place, on a hill, has a new name along with the old La Cocina signs. It came highly recommended but we felt it was average or below average Tex Mex food. Not authentic. But the atmosphere and service are both quality. Would not return for the food and would try to find more authentic Mexican restaurant in TorC.

Visited March 2014

Manitoba, Canada
“bad food, bad atmoshphere, mediocre service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

So sad I didn't have wifi to check Trip Advisor before eating in T or C. BAD choice.

My partner had fish and chips and the best thing she could say was that the fish wasn't stale or fishy.

I had the stewed pork compuesta. Note to kitchen: bigger is not always better. HUGE plate that was literally spilling chile onto the table when it was served. I had to be very careful when eating not to spill all over the table and myself. The sopaipilla and stewed pork were absolutely SWIMMING in red and green chili (I did ask for Christmas, but this was excessive and it was overlapping), and a mountain of shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and diced tomatoes. I had about 3 bites of sopaipilla, and left the rest (it was reduced to a mushy mess). The pork (that I could find when pushing the toppings out of the way) was pretty good, but again, would have enjoyed tasting either red or green chili with one mouthful.

The wine was warm.

The restaurant reminded us of the standard breakfast/coffee shop in a hotel. The server was a soft speaker, so I had to ask her to repeat everything (not due to loud music or too many other patrons). She seemed less than interested in us. Well, we're even, I was less than interested in the food.

• Visited March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Not good...ever”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My friends and I try about every 6 months to give it another shot, but after the last time, not going back. The staff is alternately clueless or sloppily dressed. Last time we tried it, we ordered red chile enchiladas and nt friend's was unedible; the meat had the consistency and taste of dog food. We complained immediately, the waitress said she would take it off the bill, and then we were presented with the full bill and she said "well, the cook said you ate most of it". Outrageous. Overpriced. Bad food, seriously bad. It's unbelievable that they are still in business with all the other fine restaurants in T or C. I only regret that we didn't take a photo before sending it back...

• Visited January 2014
Winterset
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Went there on the recommendation of our hotel staff. We stood waiting to be seated for several minutes, even though 3 different employees looked at us, none of which acknowledged us. I ordered a chicken burrito supreme. The chicken was diced pieces that tasted as if they were cut from previously cooked chicken. Very dry, reheated taste/texture. My husband ordered a steak meal that according to the menu, included a dinner roll. When the waitress brought his meal, she asked "oh, do you want the roll?" She did not offer drink refills & was less than pleasant. We paid a $29 check with a $50.00 bill, she asked if we wanted change, which annoys me! When did it become okay for wait staff to assume they are being tipped & to ask customers if they want their change ?!

1 Thank tlmw27
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO EAT HERE!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

just ordered food from there.... VERY DISAPPOINTING...... cant get an order right, then has the nerve to charge me for food I didn't get, I call for a consecutive 45 minutes and get a busy signal, go back to get the remainder of my food and they cant make up for their mistake by offering a simple discount, yet want to offer me coupons so I can go back and get more horrible, inconsiderate, unsatisfactory service.... no thanks ............ i highly recommend people NOT eat at such a disgraceful restaurant

• Visited January 2014