“Wonderful place!”

Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the pool and hot tub were the perfect temperatures, the breakfast was delicious, and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. It is a new facility with extremely comfortable beds and pillows.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am very glad to hear that we made your stay a great one. I thank you for such wonderful comments and hope to see you again soon. We here at the Hotel wish you and your family safe traveling and fun times.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences

Reviewed September 1, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LOCATION unless it doesn’t bother you when they turn the air conditioner off after you go to sleep. My wife and I stayed at this location August 13, 2013. Everything was fine when we went to sleep; however, about 1:45 AM we awoke to a miserably hot room. We had driven from Tucson the previous day in the 100+ degree heat, and were looking so forward to a cool relaxing evening. As it turned out, the room thermostat had a motion sensor incorporated in it that turned the air conditioning off after a preset period of time.

After both of us getting wide awake trying to determine the problem, we discovered we had to move about the room and wave our hands simulating the room was occupied before the air conditioner would come back on. I spoke with the motel manager at checkout, described the problem, and asked for the room to be compensated. He immediately became belligerent and said the room wasn’t on a motion sensor and that he would never compensate a room at checkout because I didn’t bring the problem to anyone’s attention when it occurred. The manager then turned to who appeared to be a maintenance person and asked if what I was saying regarding the motion sensor was true expecting him to back his story up. The maintenance person said yes they are on motion sensors. The manager then said if I had brought it to someone’s attention when I noticed the problem, they could have moved me to another room. I said that was absurd to move to another room that had exactly the same problem at 2:00 o’clock in the morning. The conversation became very argumentative and the manager reluctantly offered a 10% reduction in the bill and further suggested I could stay elsewhere on my next trip to Truth or Consequences.

I emailed a formal complaint to IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group), which is the corporate entity responsible for worldwide franchising and branding of not only Holiday Inn Express, but other brands such as Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Hotel Indigo, and others. Specifically, I asked for full compensation of the room AND for review of their policy regarding curtailing certain comfort utilities in the middle of the night. I recommended this particular manager be trained in how to interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner. I further suggested if they continue this policy, that perhaps guests should be instructed upon arrival they should plan on waking up every couple of hours and waving their arms during the night just to keep the air conditioner running. After two email exchanges with IHG customer service, they offered 4,500 points on my Priority Rewards which is useless, but continued to stand by their manager’s response and decision.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Milton W
Adrian S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We thank you for your comments and will take them with great regard. We hope that the next stay you have on your travels is a great one. Thank you again for stopping and we hope that in the future you have a better stay whether it is with us or another IHG property. We once again apologize, we have read and understand your comments stated above and we will do our best to grow from your comments and make sure everyone who stays with us is happy and comfortable.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Relatively new Holiday Inn Express, roughly halfway between El Paso and Albuquerque. Convenient location right off Interstate 25 at Exit 79. Clean, attractive and quiet. Had a great night's sleep. Nice large breakfast room with plenty of seating. Same type of breakfast I am accustomed to at Holiday Inn Express properties (solid and dependable). Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wmhesq
Adrian S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. We are happy that we made your stay a great one. We only hope to see you soon in the near future. I am glad that my staff was friendly and accommodating. Hope your workout was great and peaceful. If you need anything please feel free to give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ended up staying here on the spur of the moment. They had a fitness center, indoor pool, and jacuzzi. The room was comfortable and clean. Nice bed. Continental breakfast. I woke up earlier than the hours for the fitness center had posted and the staff member was super friendly and let me into the workout room. Newer hotel. The room was quiet and seemed to be insulated well.

It is conveniently located off the highway, and walkable to a few restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zzcajun
Adrian S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

We are glad that your stay was a great one. We hope that you and your family will stay with us again in the future. If there is anything we can do for you just give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you. Have a great day :0)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was very pleased at how nice this hotel is. The room was so clean, quiet, dark, perfect temperature control, nice furniture. Couldn't ask for anything else.

T or C is pretty small. This hotel is not within walking distance from the galleries, however. But there's plenty of free parking near the galleries and it's only 5 minutes away. The hotel is right next to a new Walmart, and a few chain and local restaurants. Right off the I-25.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 602Mike
Derrick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a pleasant review about our hotel. We do realize that you have other lodging options and we are thrilled that your stay was more than satisfactory. We're always more than willing to go that extra mile for our guest. It was a pleasure serving you during your visit and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to TorC!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I havewill now stayedconsult here theThis is a new facility with an excellent ambience. The whole hotel is crisp. Beds are wonderful. The breakfast is above all their competitors with quality. And the value is excellent. I highly recommend staying here. I have now stayed here three separate times. It is always a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Mineman57
Derrick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for such a positive review regarding our hotel. It's always a pleasure serving returning guest! We are delighted that you pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to TorC!! Safe Travels......

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a very new hotel (opened May 10, 2012). Very clean. Great service from the staff. Fantastic location across from the Comfort Inn and McDonald's. Only thing wrong was that MapQuest showed the hotel in the wrong location (but that is a MapQuest issue, not the hotel's fault). Truly a gem of a hotel - looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul S
Derrick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thanks so much for the kind words regarding our property!! It is certainly our goal to be the very best hotel in town and we work hard at it! Knowing our guest leave with a pleasurable stay, make it worth it!! We look forward to rolling out the red carpet on your next visit! Safe travels!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#3 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences? Share your experiences!