We stayed here for one night over the weekend. Although we had called ahead to schedule our 30 minute soaks, we had to re-schedule these when we checked in. Despite this mix-up, nearly everyone we encountered in the staff was incredibly helpful and allowed us to relax and chill out. The hot springs rooms and all the spa treatments are closed off from the rest of the lodge. That provided a sense of privacy and seclusion when we did our soaks. We didn't make use of any of the other spa treatments, but now that we've been there, I probably would. Our room was clean and nice, however the bed, pillows, and chairs provided were HARD HARD HARD. This detracted from the relaxing, healing quality of the hot springs soaks. Both days, we got an indoor hot spring tub with a door opening up to the outdoors. I think this gave access to the cooler outside air, with an added privacy that I think the outdoor tub may lack. The balcony is shared with everyone with rooms on that side of the building. The neon sign for the lodge is also right above the balcony, which also dampens any kind of romantic feel or stargazing.
Sadly, the Lodge does not currently have a chef, so its restaurant is closed. We enjoyed the nearby Italian restaurant Bella Luca for dinner (a nice 2 block walk) for both dinner and lunch the next day. The continental breakfast had toast, english muffins, some wonderful yogurt and homemade granola, hardboiled eggs, and some homemade organic (possibly vegan) muffins and scones.
We are looking forward to staying here again, but will most likely bring our own pillows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in National Geographic Traveler as one of '150 Hotels You'll Love' Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa offers visitors delightful accommodations in a luxurious atmosphere. A full-service spa designed to maximize the healing and relaxation benefits of the Hot Spring Waters. All overnight stays and spa treatments include complimentary private hot spring soaks. A complimentary deluxe hot breakfast in the restaurant is included with every night stay. Madlyn Rose organic skin care products, crafted locally are featured in our spa and guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Grande Hotel Truth Or Consequences
- Sierra Grande Lodge And Spa