“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH...”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Reviewed April 13, 2009

This was my second trip to Sierra Grande Lodge and I cannot say enough to express my delight in the entire experience. From the friendly, caring Lodge staff to the beautiful, quiet rooms and grounds, this spa is a definite "must" for those who enjoy the finer aspects of life. The spa staff provides a wide array of healing techniques and the Madlyn Rose products enhace the relaxation therapies and massages.

The nearby Bella Luca northern Italian restaurant will stand up to any New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco establishment as the chef's presentations are extraordinary.

I look forward to returning in June!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank mairimouse

Reviewed April 12, 2009

My husband and I spent a night at Sierra Grande as a part of our tour of New Mexico. We enjoyed 2 mineral water baths - 1 indoor, 1 out. I would go with the outdoor bath. The indoor bath room gets very steamy (although the room is gorgeous). We also had a great massage. The rooms are small but nice, the breakfast tasty and the staff are very welcome. I would recommend a stop to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TripperOttawa
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the lodge for a short getaway and to celebrate my birthday. We were a little worried what we would experience in T or C, New Mexico, and were pleasantly suprised!
The accomidations were excelent, as long as you expect an authentic, old town hotel. My husband and felt that we were the only people staying at the lodge, although we saw many people throughout the weekend.

The staff was amazing and friendly, giving us all the privacy we wanted. And again we felt like they were there only for us. The were all very caring and wanted to know if we needed anything, without being overbearing or intrusive.

The soaking pools were wonderful, soothing, and relaxing. Not to mention that we enjoyed a great deal of time alone in them without feeling a time limit to our experience.

The spa staff was also excelect. I received a facial which was relaxing and therapuitc at the same time.

We had breakfast at the lodge the first day. The menu was excelent for my husband, who loves sweet carbs. I am more of a eggs and hashbrowns type of person, but none the less it was filling and delicious.

I must also mention that Cafe Bella Luca, a local resturaunt in T or C, was amazing! I recomend it to anyone who visits.

Over all, My husband and I will be back!

P.S. The outdoor spring, with the intense winds of spring...words cannot describe!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AbAbq
Reviewed April 5, 2009

A nice relaxing place. But, for the price I expected a bit more - while the room was clean and every thing was provided, it lacked the little touches. The room - dirty ceiling above the garden bath, dirt marks on the walls, little dead bugs in the corners of the floor and in need of a good dusting. Still overall, it was kept well and cleaner than most places, but then again, for the price... Also, for the price I'd expect a little bit of posh, like spa robes that aren't falling apart, plush towels, and a nice soft bedspread. Breakfast was good, but the baked goods were all individually wrapped in saran wrap, why? Like said, overall a good experience, as the staff were amazingly kind and welcoming. But for the price paid, I expected a bit more.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank voyager052
Reviewed April 4, 2009

The Sierra Grande Lodge is a great place to retreat to for relaxation and rejuvenation of your body and spirit. The staff rivals any other spa/hotel in the United States. They make you feel like royal guests in their homey castle while allowing you to discover the quaint details of a Fine New Mexico retreat. The homemade breads offered at their continental breakfast are appetizing and delicious...as are all their healthy food choices. The rooms are eclectic and very comfortable, luxurious and modern. The best rooms are on the shared veranda but the best prices are offered during the week and not on the week ends. It is nice to see that they allow pets to stay with their owners but the extra cost is a bit hefty. All in all it is the best place to stay, with the best staff to care for you while you take the best natural hot spring soaks in Truth or Consequences.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank momtravlin
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We enjoyed our stay. Margret was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a tour of the place and explained the services that they provided which I was surprised since my husband picked this place from the El Paso newspaper. We went there for our anniversary.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2009

My husband & I went there to "decompress." That's exactly what we were able to do...soak, sun, sleep, read....no pressure about missing anything!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#9 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!