“Wonderful Stay at the Sierra Grande” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful Stay at the Sierra Grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I spent one night (would have liked to have stayed longer!) at the Sierra Grande after traveling from Albuquerque to T or C for a quick business trip. The Sierra Grande is actually in the downtown area (convenient for the purposes of my trip, and close to antique shops, art galleries, etc.), but set back from the road with great southwestern landscaping all around the property. I arrived late in the evening and a wonderful fire was crackling in the hotel lobby. After my trip down the freeway from ABQ I was ready for a nice soak, and was pleased to discover that I could reserve a tub for 10 pm. The following morning before heading off to work I enjoyed a nice complimentary continental breakfast, with yummy wholesome muffins and fresh fruit. In a nutshell, the private tub rooms were great, the staff was excellent, my room was clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished, and I would definitely like to stay at the Sierra Grande again.

• Liked — The natural mineral water hot spring tubs
  • Disliked — Limited parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank 505JD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

Though we have not stayed again this year I have enjoyed previous stays, the lack of restaurant is important and it should be noted that the restaurant is currently closed (they were open during the holidays recently). So make sure to ask when making your reservation.

• Liked — Not a scrap of plastic in sight
  • Disliked — restaurant closed
  • Stayed January 2009
Santa Fe NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

This was our third trip to the Sierra Grande. We took out of state guests to the Bosque del Apache (known for its fabulous winter birds, including sandhill cranes), drove another hour south, and ended up in another world. The Sierra Grande, a beautiful adobe hotel (built in 1929 and lovingly restored) has individually decorated rooms with wooden furniture and beautiful linens so unlike the cookie cutter, plastic rooms in most motel and hotels these days. There is a large bath tub in each room, but a morning and evening soak in the mineral rich waters of T or C also comes with each room. Private tubs, freshly filled, with candle light, incredibly relaxing. Breakfast the next morning included a freshly baked vegan fruit bread as the baker remembered we don't eat dairy products. Amazing. The service is friendly and personable mainly because the people that work there, ALL the people, are just plain nice folks. This is a great get away, very affordable, and so transporting that a one night stay feels like getting away for a week. Do yourself a favor, see the Bosque, eat at Bella Luca (an excellent local Italian restaurant), and stay at the Sierra Grande. A great winter get away.

• Liked — ambiance
  • Disliked — it's not closer to where I live
2 Thank rubyluger
El Paso, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

Sat. morning my husband walked in and told me to pack an overnight bag we were leaving in 30 min.!!!! Nither of us had any idea where we were going, we were just going. With the holidays, economy, and family illness I was pretty much spent and he knew I needed an escape before I cracked. I think we were kinda headed toward the Casinos in Albq. As we got to T or C I suggested that we go by a Hot Springs site and take a minute in one of the tubs. Sierra Grande was suggested to us by a young man at the Chevron gas station even though he had not idea what a spa was all about!!! He was more than right!!!! I walked in with the intention of just bathing a minute and instead could not get myself to leave. The staff is incredible, accomidating, friendly. The facility is warm and inviting. Really when you first walk in you do not want to leave!!!! The mineral bath facilities are private and beautiful and my late request for a massage was happily arranged and Fabulous!!! I am bringing my workout group up with me next time for our annual retreat and my husband and I will be back many times. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

• Liked — The people were Fabulous
  • Disliked — T or C is not all that great
2 Thank ElPaso_TXDaisy09
Kailua-Kona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

A very well run property. Great views. Good food. And lots of pampering by an excellent staff.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The height of the bed
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

The stay was more than excellent! Bernie, the Chef from New York, Raul's restaurant, made excellent meals. It is a shame that the restaurant was only opened during the Christmas and New Year's Holidays.

We had stayed at the Lodge in April of 2008, first time, Our anniversary, than again in December of 2008, and our Anniversary is coming up again, our 25th , we are hoping to stay there again.

The Staff is to be commended, so gracious. We honestly cannot find fault with the Lodge or the Staff.

Our favorite bath is the outside one.

Carol and Jack

• Liked — every thing
  • Disliked — beds are a little high for vertically challenged (short ) people, should provide a step stool
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jabriggs
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

By far the best accomodations in T or C! Spacious rooms with oversized tub. Super friendly & attentive staff. Spa services rival that of Manhattan-(the shiatsu is a must!). Excellent cuisine. And let's not forget the Hot Spring baths-luxurious and private. We can't wait to return!

• Liked — The Spa services
  • Disliked — Cold in December
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelinman200855
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#4 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 151 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!