New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Slice of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am almost loathe to recommend the Sierra Grande Lodge because right now it is my secret escape from reality place. . .SGL is a slice of paradise in New Mexico. An oasis with classic style, the friendliest and most attentive staff, the hottest mineral baths. Romantic, intimate, clean, friendly, private, good lighting and grounds. It's truly a healing spa.

Room Tip: All the balcony rooms are great, but the two on the bottom floor are very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Although we had planned to stay at the hotel awhile back and were unable to make it. We did stop for a soak on the way home after a weekend at Elephant Butte Lake. The experience was peaceful and relaxing. We chose a soak outdoors and if the weather permits I would def suggest an outdoor soak. The staff was welcoming and delightful. The experience made us so relaxed all we wanted to was sleep on the way home.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I went this past weekend for his birthday and our anniversary. It was a surprise to him, and I wasn't quite sure how he was going to react. He absolutely loved it! The staff was very accommodating allowing me to store my food in their walk in refrigerator and have full use of the their kitchen area due to extreme dietary needs. The room was cozy and right next to the kitchen area for our convenience. Tina and Jodi, the ladies that did our spa treatments were great! The soaks were so nice and relaxing, my husband didn't want to get out when our time was up. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Do not go to Truth or Consequences for the entertainment, nightlife or the food. In my opinion, rel...
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Comfortable rooms in a historic building with unexpected ambience. Hot mineral springs and breakfast were highlights! But most of all, the staff was exceptionally warm and helpful to our fun-loving group!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I went with my husband for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and professional. I felt very welcomed. The atmosphere was extremely peaceful and relaxed. The room was beautiful and cozy and the bath/shower was open and had a romantic layout. I was only disappointed to leave in the morning. I will definitely only stay here, next time. FYI T-mobile doesn't work in Truth or Consequences, nor does the hotel allow you to call out of town.

Room Tip: The balcony room was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica F
shreveport, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is certainly no Ritz Carlton but the people and treatments definitely follow the rules by which the Ritz became famous. The staff are simply amazing. The most genuinely courteous people I have been in contact with at any hotel. They like their job and it shows. The service is as good as I've ever had. There is always room for improvement though...satellite rather than cable, king beds rather than queen (which I hear is in the works), and a private balcony. Overall, I was very happy and if ever in TorC again wouldn't think about staying anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I went for a couple's retreat for his birthday and we had a great time. The facilities very comfortable, clean and cozy, the hotel staff very friendly and kind.
And the Spa services: very professional staff, we had great attention from the massage therapists, all of them great! The hot springs were great for relaxation.
Maybe the only thing that's missing is a restaurant; breakfast is served on the dining area and you can always have tea, coffee, water and fruit all day, but no lunch or dinner are served. There's still good restaurants near the Lodge where you can go for lunch or dinner, such as Happy Belly Deli and Los Arcos.
All the experience in general was totally relaxing and revitalizing, I can say we are very happy costumers and surely will come back again soon.
(yes, you can bring your kids if you want to, but I highly recommend it for a couple's getaway) ask for the romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Have a room with balcony so you can enjoy reading and a nice glass of wine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Cristina F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#4 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!