“Great place to totally relax”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Another wonderfully relaxing weekend! Lovely, spotlessly clean soaking tubs, comfy bed, good breakfast granola, super staff. This repeat customer will be back many more times.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 18, 2008

We had a relaxing weekend at he Sierra Grande Lodge. The lodge is beautiful, clean, and serene. Thank you Jeremy for a warm welcome in the middle of the night, for taking the time to show us a second room, for not rushing us to get anywhere on time or rushing us to get out of anywhere on time, for getting us anything we needed with a smile and respect. Jeremy, you made our stay a pleasant one and we hope to return soon, Thank you !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2008

The Sierre Lodge is a very unique and special place. The staff are helpful and friendly and the breakfasts are delicous and healthy. The private pools are beautiful and simply wonderful. The only concern we had was the rather heavy layer of New Mexican "enchantment' commonly known as dust in the rooms, hallways, etc. of the building.

Reviewed November 12, 2008

From the moment I arrived (early and unannounced) Margaret and all of the staff were fabulously warn, friendly and very accomodating. They allowed me to check-in quite early as my day included extra travel and they even invited me to have a snack from the breakfast layout as I headed out the door for my day's journey.

The room was warm and inviting with a four-poster queen bed, hardwood floors, and a beautiful garden tub/shower. The room was supplied with nice robes as well as lovely spa soaps and lotions to use during my stay. The window overlooked the rock garden which was a lovely site! The mineral baths were SPECTACULAR - very private and relaxing with candles and cold drinking water. I was fortunate enough to get to have one bath indoors and one outdoors. What a treat!

The breakfast selection was scrumptious - prickly pear granola, fresh baked breads and scones, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, coffee, and juice. If you left hungry or dissatisfied, you just weren't trying!

I was actually disappointed that I'd only scheduled 1 night's stay and had to leave for another inn at Santa Fe. I would have gladly spent my entire 4 night vacation at the Sierra Grande Lodge had I only known what a true gem it would be.

Many thanks to Margaret and the entire staff for a wonderful retreat. I WILL be back! :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2008

My wife and I have both lived in El Paso and Southern New Mexico for the past 30 years and rarely stopped in T or C for anything other than gas or ice. We found the website and booked a room and was very impressed not only from the facilities but also the staff who was extremely friendly, helpful and informative.

The rooms were very clean and suited for total relaxation. We especially enjoyed the hot baths the night of our arrival as well as prior to our couples massage which set the tone for what we were trying to achieve. A time period of total relaxation and solitude. The breakfast included fresh bagels, and the locally prepared prickly pear granola which was wonderful. I highly recommend the Sierra Grande Lodge to anyone who is wanting to escape the daily stresses in their lives. We will be going back soon.

Dennis & Marci A.

Reviewed November 2, 2008

This was our sixth visit for good reason. Every room has a quality hacienda feel to take you back to Spanish days (or Geronimo) and you get a private mineral bath (indoors or outside in a secluded setting) as part of the package! We travel on business and enjoy the spa setting while also having wireless internet access. The restaurant is only functional for breakfast at this time but there is ample restaurant selections within walking distance to satisfy lunch or dinner. We wouldn't miss a chance to stay at the Lodge when we are in the area!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank TripperMinneapolis
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I had previously stayed at another place in T or C for the hot springs and was disappointed in the accomodations. At the Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa, the rooms were much more appealing and the grounds and common areas were pleasant. The almost 100 year old stain glass depicting the dam was very interesting in the breakfast area and I enjoyed the fresh flowers on the tables. The staff were incredibly helpful, friendly, and eager to please. I enjoyed the massage and reflexology services they had there. The reflexologist they contract with has 30 years experience and is truly a master. The breakfast provided was simple, elegant, and delicious. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant within walking distance that I think is named Bella Luca. The food was great! The chef came out to talk to us and we enjoyed learning that his 85 year old Italian mother-in-law helped him make the ravioli completely by hand! The olives they serve with the bread are not pitted, so be careful when you eat them, but what delicious olives and bread! We enjoyed eating lunches at the Happy Belly Deli, again within walking distance. They take their sandwiches seriously and their haunted ice machine lightly there. Interesting artwork on the walls and interesting people behind the counter and sitting at the tables. There is a restaurant named La Cocina there in T or C that I always stop and get a steak at when I am in the area. The petite prime rib should be named the grand prime rib the portion is so large. I never have room for the beans after all the other food. There are a number of second hand bookstores and thrift shops all within walking distance if that is your thing. There is birding, fishing, and lots of history in the area. I love visiting this community because of its slower, laid back, friendly pace.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#9 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!