“This is a very relaxing spa to visit.”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Reviewed December 5, 2013

As I age, I need a bed that has some softness. This trip to Sierra Grande we took a sleeping bag as a pillow top. That was helpful.
The staff was responsive to requests. The private rooms make for an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Born and Raised in NM I'm ashamed to say I have never stopped in T or C to enjoy the Hot Springs its known for and the town got it's original name of Hot Springs. Quite an interesting history if you look it up. It was very hard for us to choose where to stay, we settled on Sierra Grande because they have some ground floor rooms with piped in spring water to a bath in your private room. The property is indeed historic, and we found well cared for. The room was fairly basic, other than the tub. The tub was outstanding!!! Complete with shower connected to city water.... or this really funny old fashioned wheel and huge copper pipe sticking out from the wall, this is where the spring water comes from. Fills the huge tub fast, and is not too hot, just perfect, and extremely soothing. Along with this you are also privy to 2 separate 30 minute soaks in their other private bath rooms, with huge tubs the size of full hot tubs, and insane amount of water. For this reason we stuck to our tub in room, plus 3 baths in less than 24 hours would have rendered us with pruned skin. The staff was excellent. The amentities in room stellar. The bathroom part of the room, apart from the tub, could have been cleaner. Breakfast was pastries brought in from a local bakery, okay but not stellar. The room needed more hooks around on the walls, for jackets and such, but it is a historic building and I'm assuming the main floor is possibly adobe and hard to add hooks to. Overall was a great choice!

Room Tip: Because of disability I always choose ground floor rooms if I can and this was no exception at the S...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have been to Sierra Grande many times. It combines the luxury of a spa with the friendliness of a B & B. It is worth the trip. The perfect compliment to a stay here is dinner at Bella Luca restaurant -- really the only option in town that fits that bill to equal your experience at Sierra Grande. T or C is nothing special, but we found a nice posted walk into the desert landscape by walking straight south from the hotel to a run down park by the Rio Grande and then heading south from that, following a path.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the second time we stay here and it was even more wonderful. We made no other plans so we devoted our time to enjoying the soothing mineral baths and the peace and quiet that this lodge offers. The staff is so wonderful and helpful. The rooms are nothing short of charming and restful. Nicely furnished, nicely decorated and very clean. The breakfast is high quality and I guess I could just go on and on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SierraGrandeLodge, Front Office Manager at Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you return for another restful stay with us.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wonderfully restored old hotel, so keep in mind the rooms are small ( so no king beds ), but charming and well appointed, even a private tub in your room. The big porch is worth the extra
$$, but the waters are the best part. We always find the staff here very accommodating and
professional. Thanks again, Sierra Grande ~ we''l be back

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows ~ thats the only downside
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was my second visit to Sierra Grande Lodge and the first time I stayed overnight. I enjoyed a relaxing massage, two private soaks (qualified for three because of my stay and the spa treatment, but I got watered out!), and a sweet little guest room. Loved the amenities in the room, loved that I received help carrying my bag in 'n out, loved the peaceful environment, loved my therapist Cathy, loved the attention from the staff (including the local Italian restaurant recommendation), and I loved the soaking "tubs." And I felt completely comfortable traveling there solo. Don't miss this place - it's great!

Room Tip: No elevator! If you have trouble getting up & down stairs, request a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love Sierra Grande and have been a frequent visitor for years. Missed all the old staff but the new ones did a good job. Sure hope they don't go too "corporate". Loved the friendly familiar faces of the past. But, the property looked good, breakfast was great, the staff did their job well and my facial with Dana was wonderful. Our room, the suite, was a bit dusty. When soaking in the outside tub, my favorite, they used to keep the water flowing in from below so one had a constant stream of hot water. They didn't do that this time. I miss that! Overall a great experience. I love the place.

Room Tip: balcony rooms are nice. outside tub is best. book for after dark and watch the moon and stars.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#4 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!