“Relax Relax”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I take time about four times a year to visit this wonderful place, I get to hot mineral bath soaks and a relaxing room for a great price. The soak works wonders on m old hips and back, I wish I could just live on site!

Room Tip: Come ready to relax and leave your worries behind!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SierraGrandeLodge, General Manager at Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your return visit it is great you can visit us four times a year and I too wish you could live on site. So glad the hot mineral water is working on your hips it does wonders for our guests. I am pleased we were able to help you leave your worries behind. See you next time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am amazed how much better I feel every time I come home from a stay at the Sierra Grande Lodge in T or C. The healing properties of the geothermal waters are remarkable and the service by the friendly and caring staff exceptional. I highly recommend a minimum two-night stay to allow your body and psyche to unwind. The town is quirky, but that's part of the fun. One of my all-time favorite finds and I hope that with its growing popularity it will be able to hold onto its charm.

Room Tip: Rooms by the main staircase have a better wireless signal, but are also a bit noisier. This is a pla...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SierraGrandeLodge, Manager at Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
I am so glad you had the chance to unwind and clear your head. The hot mineral water here works in many ways.
In the future we also have a pair of rooms on the ground floor with private soaking tubs in the room. These rooms have the best Wi-Fi available in our thick adobe building.
I hope we never lose our quirky charm as well. See you next time you need to get away, relax, and clear your head.
The Management
Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just feel everything about our stay was very relaxing! Thank you for such a lovely stay! We did not use the fitness center so I feel I have to rate it average. If we have the chance to come back to New Mexico we will make it a point to stay in T or C with Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa.
I have to add that the soaking rooms were awesome! My husband and I loved how clean it was, how it was built, and how we were able to schedule a time that worked for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am so glad you had the opportunity to soak in our hot springs.
I am pleased at the quality of service you received we have an amazing staff.
I look forward to you and your husband’s return visit. We will have a tub filled and waiting.
The Management
Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My fiance and I just came back from a trip to T or C and had a fantastic stay at the Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa. I have never come back from a trip feeling so rejuvenated. We had a couples massage on Friday, which comes with a soak and had an additional soak in the evening outside. The outside tub is just amazing during the day or at night. We made sure to try every tub during our stay since you get a complimentary soak every day and every tub is great in its own way. Also, you get a tall glass of ice water during your soak, which just makes the whole experience perfect. You never feel dehydrated and if anything, you feel relaxed and invigorated at the same time. The breakfast in the morning is the perfect amount of food. It's a filling breakfast without being overfilling and everything is freshly baked and organic and so tasty. The staff is super amazing. Everyone was so helpful and sweet. My fiance worked with Myra for our engagement and she is so nice. She really made our stay fantastic. I really can not adequately express how amazing the Sierra Grande is. This is the first vacation in a long time that I have been genuinely sad leaving. We will be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SGLManagement, Staff at Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa for your recent stay in New Mexico. We have read your positive comments about the hotel on our TripAdvisor website and greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to gladly serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had been wanting to try Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa for quite some time. It was great! The staff was so very friendly, especially given that we had our grandson with us who was quite "out-of-sorts" when we arrived. I was able to take advantage of both a massage and a facial and both were excellent - really relaxing! We had both an indoor and outdoor soaks - both amazing, liked the outdoor best. My husband left his camera in the room; the staff retrieved it; and we were able to pick it up on our return. Great place to stay if you need to unwind and get away from the "grind".

Room Tip: Third floor has a balcony where you can sit out.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2013

While the town is nothing much, Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa was the perfect way to end our trip. The rooms are cosy and clean. You get a half hour soak per day included in the price of the room. The soaking rooms are clean, and private. The water temp is quite warm, so a half hour at a time is more than adequate. The price is extremely reasonable, especially in comparison to New York City area prices. There is a breakfast offered. When we were there, it consisted of hard boiled eggs, cereal, a variety of fruit, home baked muffins, and scones, juice, coffee (reg &decaf), tea. More than adequate for most. And then there are the treatments. We only went for the deep tissue massages, but if these were typical of all the treatments, then you will be very happy. Each treatment includes a half hour soak. We did ours in a private outdoor tub! Clothing is optional. Prices for the treatments are on a par with most other places. I absolutely would go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to be the final leg of your journey. What a great way to wrap up a visit to the Southwest getting pampered. Please tell your friends in NY about the little town in New Mexico and the Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa. We will have the mineral water hot and ready for your return visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa is a beautiful facility. The grounds are lovely. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The soaks were heavenly, the massages were blissful. The most relaxing time we've had in ages.

1  Thank Anne M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#9 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!