“My husband and I had a WONDERFUL Time!!!!”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
desertstars
“My husband and I had a WONDERFUL Time!!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

From the very first moment when we drove up- the grounds and entrance were welcoming and so beautifully landscaped. The spa/soak spaces were so tranquil and loved the decor. We liked the privacy of the soak rooms and the perfect temp of the waters.

Robin, with the blue eyes, checked us in and was very attentive and helpful + she was so sweet!!! She made sure that our breakffast was good and our "soaks" were perfect!

We then met Sazsi, the Lodge Manager- she was outstanding!!!! She was beyond Helpful, so full of energy, beautiful inside and out.
About the massages...

My husband and I had separate Integrative Ashiatsu massages with Elizabeth Bryant- the best we have ever had... We highly reccommend her and wished we lived closer!

We also had a couples massage that we also highly reccommend!!!

The room was great too - loved the large elevated tub/ shower - very comfortable bed... it had a commual balcony that overlooked the front gardens- we took advantage of the cool nights looking up at the stars

loved the creams and soaps in the room- they had the best smells!!!!

we give our stay E for excellent and look foward to returning.

Doree and Tom Valenza
Livingston, new Jersey

• Liked — it was all fantastic
  • Disliked — we liked everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Sierra Grande Lodge and Truth or Consequences was a last minute decision trip I decided to take to get away for a few days from my hectic life in NYC and it was a better experience than I ever dreamed it could be. The mineral baths at the lodge were refreshing, and the facial from Dana, Beth’s intense massage as well as Kim’s raindrop therapy were truly remarkable and professional experiences– as a New Yorker who likes to indulge in the top of the line spa treatments, the massages and facial I received at the lodge were far superior to any others I’ve received back home. The service at the lodge and the ambience of the hotel were top of the line, impeccable, clean, with serene and beautiful interiors. The town was charming and where ever I looked there were pockets of art, magic, history and mystery. The lodge was a haven in what is already known as an enchanted town and state. Not only was my experience unforgettable at the lodge but experiencing Truth or Consequence and driving around New Mexico was a life changing experience. Thank you for making it possible, I will be back.

• Liked — Friendly and Professional Staff 24/7 and very clean and relaxing ambience
  • Disliked — Lack of restaurant variety
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Payne Alabama
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I was in T or C for work and was lucky enough to be booked into the Sierra Granda Lodge. I had a great experience.

The lodge is very nice and has a great southwestern feel but the true jewel is the staff. They were very helpful and offered many suggestions for dining, day trips (evening for me since I was working all day) and shopping. They truely cared about my experience both in their community and the lodge. Jeremy was especially helpful.

My evening soaks were awesome. Such a relaxing experience, with candlelight and refreshing ice water included. The only thing I would add is some music.

I would highly recommend this awesome lodge and spa.

Stayed June 2008
NM
Reviewed May 30, 2008

We arranged our staff retreat to be held at the Spa & Lodge and it was amazing. In the morning we woke up, ate a delicious breakfast on the shaded veranda then we walked up the hill to the conference building. We were able to stay focused and relaxed at the same time while making very important decisions for our organization. At lunch the Lodge's staff brought us a delicious spread of sandwiches and the best tasting cookies I have ever tasted in my life!! We ate dinner at a local dive Bella Luca (outstanding!!!) great assortment of Italian cuisine and then at night we soaked.
The rooms were clean and beautiful, each one was designed differently. A bath tub and shower you can take a morning walk in!
The staff was incredibly couteous and welcoming. I look forward to staying there again, and hope next time it can be a romantic get-away.

Stayed May 2008
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We veered off of the most direct route home to head up to Truth or Consequences for a one-night stay. Sierra Grande Lodge and Spa was a nice and removed departure from the normal motel-fast food clusters on the interstate. We arrived on what we were told was the windiest day in 8 years... dusty and dry. But it added to the small-town ambiance and solitude that all the other guests seemed to be also enjoying.

We stayed with our infant and dog in a downstairs room. Although the room was very small, the large geothermal warmed tub and spacious bathroom made up for it. Considering the very reasonable price, we weren't going to complain. An evening and morning hot springs mineral bath soak is included in the price of the room (or is available for visitors). The restaurant is still not open, although the breakfast buffet, though somewhat limited, was healthy and natural.

Jeremy and Sazi were very knowledgeable and helpful with booking our stay, checking us in, and pointing us in the right direction for dinner. By the way, Bella Luca is an Italian restaurant a couple blocks east of SG. Because we came with our dog, we had to get takeout. The owner admirably doesn't believe in sending out the food in plastic or styrofoam, a philosophy which pairs well with its wonderful flavor and preparation.

T or C (as the town is called by some highway signs) is a bit of a conundrum. We were there so shortly that we could not tell if the town was struggling to keep its head above water or was going through the beginning of a rennaisance of sorts. Sierra Grande is located in the downtown area close to many shops, some of which apparently have just closed down for good. There are a couple charming, au natural cafe/sandwich shops, but during the week they and everything else evidently close by 5pm sharp.

If your passing through I-10 or heading up I-25 to Albuquerque, I'd recommend a night at the Sierra Grande Lodge. We hoped we'd be able to enjoy the spa services, but didn't have the time. Nevertheless, it was a relaxing evening made possible by its great staff, accomodations, and mysterious existence in a little town called Truth or Consequences.

• Liked — service; peaceful feeling
  • Disliked — small room (evidently only a couple are that small)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Stayed 2 nights at the Sierra Grande in May. Its a great little oasis in an otherwise lackluter town. Overall very good experience, only one small problem (see below). We stayed in La Casita, a seperate building (but still on the grounds) with 2 bedrooms, but also saw an individual room. Details...

GOOD:
--Located right in the center of town, so if its town you want, you just walk right out the door.
--Property overall is just beautifully done - truly an oasis feel.
--Pleasant place to hang out, gardens, wonderful covered patios and porches
--Continental breakfast is a bit thin, but high quality food
--Spa, from what my wife tells me, was heavenly
--The springs of course are awesome - hot mineral springs that is, in the spa and some of the rooms and common areas.
--Very well-maintained
--Variety of room types, including some multi-room residences, available
--Staff were all friendly and helpful

BAD:
--We stayed in La Casita, a seperate building on the grounds with 2 bedrooms, its own mineral spring tube (awesome at night!!!), and a lovely fenced-in garden to itself. But there was one issue - the bedrooms do not have air conditioning. The building does, in the common spaces - so if you are willing to leave your door open, its fine. If not, and if its not very breezy that night, it can get very warm in the bedrooms. Just be aware (the individual rooms in the hotel DO have A/C).

Overall, highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2008
Mclean VA
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Although Truth or Consequeses seemed a bit depressed compared with Albuquerque, the town was clean, quiet and lacking panhandlers. Sierra Grande is within a fenced garden so it does feel like an oasis. The lobby area is open and has a nice seating area. The rooms are interestingly decorated and very comfortable. We loved the baths. The individual baths are spacious and inviting. The water was hot and crysal clear. Towels and ice water were provided. They are a lovely treat. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#3 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!