“There are better locations than this that offer more for your money.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“There are better locations than this that offer more for your money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The time for my soak started immediately but I was unable to go to the room. The front desk clerk without offering insisted on running my bath for me. I was only permitted in the soak room after she filled my bath and lit a stinky candle I did not ask for.There was no warm water to shower in after the soak. The front desk staff was awkward. For the price there are better locations in town. 30 minutes for $30 is not that's good when it is just heated water no minerals for reals mineral water is coming in to the bath.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EarthbirthMama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a serene and welcoming place this is! The managers and staff were warm, friendly, and helpful. The whole place is very clean and attractive. The hot spring soaking tubs are huge, and in private rooms that you reserve for your soaking time. The mineral water is very relaxing and rejuvenating. There is also a full array of body treatments available. I had a massage with Cathy, and it was the best I'd ever had. In addition to regular massage, she used the technique of positional release on a couple of stubborn muscle areas, and the results felt like a miracle of relief!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The facility very nice. The hot spring soaks are very relaxing. Great location, walked to an amazing Italian dinner just two blocks away. We also explored nearby Elephant Butte and stopped at the Bosque del Apache on our way home. Beautiful area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

T or C is one of the Southwest's best kept secrets. If it weren't for wanting so much to acknowledge this lovely area and the Sierra Grande, I'd just keep this unspoiled gem to myself rather than risk an influx of tourists. The staff at Sierra Grande were amazing. Genuinely warm and passionate about taking good care of their guests. The area is up and coming for artists, healers and those who appreciate both groups. Can't say enough about T or C and the Sierra Grande. I loved the soaks and the accommodations. Dayna in the spa is amazing too. I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is an unexpected treat in an out of th way place. Everyone was super helpful, our hot springs soak was just the right end to a road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. They were helpful with directions to a place to eat and nice to our dog. What more could one ask?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

When my husband suggested we do a "get-away" to T or C I was baffled? He then told me about staying at the Sierra Grande and convinced me. Boy was I ever glad we went! The hotel turned out to be the most quaint and relaxing place I ever imagined. The staff was so amzingly kind and welcoming. They were very welcoming to our three children as well. The Spa and hot baths were incredible. I highly recommend this place to anyone! It was very clean as well. It's so close to the little shoppng area and diners. Also visit BellaLuca Italian Cafe. They have THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD you will ever find in the USA!
We can't wait to go back for another relaxtion dream!

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Revisiting this hotel with my wife will be one of two reasons I return on a trip to New Mexico in the future. T or C was not meant to be a highlight of our vacation to New Mexico, but this hotel helped turn that expectation on its head. After rushing around Santa Fe for a couple of days with a couple of young boys and experiencing a dreadful visit to Chimayo, this place gave us the feel that we were finally on vacation. The private hour-long soak in the hot spring of your choice was an incredible bonus. I am from Monterey, CA, and the type of room we got would have easily gone for $1,000 a night in Monterey, but it was only $150 per night. My wife and I loved the quality and selection of the fresh breads, muffins, and fruits for the continental breakfast. The only drawback I would say is that my wife and I are clean freaks and were both a little suspicious about the thoroughness of the cleaning of our room after the previous guest. It seemed as if the room were given just a superficial wipe-down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
#10 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!