“A relaxing/healing getaway!”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A relaxing/healing getaway!”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

What a wonderful combination of quiet and comfortable accommodations combined with the added luxury of an evening and morning soak in the healing natural hot spring waters. My husband and I spent one night (we wish we had more time to stay longer!) to celebrate our anniversary. It was just what we needed. The soaks that were included with our stay helped both relax us and soothed our aches and pains. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating, from the time we made our reservations, checked in, interacted with them during our stay and checked out. They were wonderful.

Thank you, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Socorro NM
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was our second visit to the Sierra Grande Lodge. This is a wonderful old historic hotel that has been lovingly refurbished and renovated to modern comfort. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are serene, and the baths, included in your stay, are a great way to soak away your aches and pains. There's a continental breakfast with various breads, fruit, cereals etc. including vegan and gluten free options.Yes, it's certainly pricier than other offerings in town, but it's also several steps above anything else. And you are right in the center of town so you can walk to the bookstore, the galleries, the museum, and Bella Lucca for dinner.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies open onto a large upstairs balcony where you can soak up the sun after your...
1 Thank FrauPSocorroNM
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Long time lurker on here since 2008, and I finally decided to register to post my thoughts on this invaluable resource. My wife and I were just at Sierra Grande a couple days ago (Jan 4th-6th) and it was exactly the perfect relaxing retreat we needed. We left our 18month old daughter with my wife's parents and drove the scenic 2 hour drive to T or C from Texas. I don't know why people feel the need to knock T or C. T or C is not some huge city like D.C., Philly, NYC, or Chicago. I'm assuming the reviewer failed to adequately research T or C before booking their trip. We didn't come to T or C for the town itself, we came for the Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa!

The Lodge & Accommodations:
I knew upfront that the Sierra Grande was on the National Register of Historic Places, so squeaky floors and other stuff like that didn't bother us. The building in general is in excellent condition and has been updated without compromising the architecture or history of the Sierra Grande. I appreciated the rustic feel of the furniture of the room. The queen bed we had in our room was very comfortable, and the pillows were like clouds. My wife liked the pillows so much that she was trying to figure out what kind they were. Loved the garden tub in the room with the hot springs water! Now, I read a review where an individual complained about HVAC operation and noise. We had no such complaints about our room, and the HVAC system was on the roof outside our room! The staff was very polite and helpful with everything we needed! In addition, my wife and I both liked the continental breakfast that was different from one day to the next.

Spa:
My wife and I tried each of the awesome spa soaking rooms/tubs that were available over our stay. Our favorites were the "big one" that actually had a large rock (maybe a huge piece of quartz) in the wall that had a spout to fill the jetted spa, and we also loved using the outdoor spa where you could look straight up at night and see stars all over the place. The waters in these spa rooms/tubs were just incredible. My wife and both very much enjoyed the massages we received from Jessica that were just as good if not better than those we had received massages at a variety of places like cruise ships and Hawaii. I tried the Integrative Ashiatsu while my wife was getting one of the facials, and was pleasantly surprised with how great I felt afterwards.

My wife and I loved our stay so much we're already trying to figure out if we can do it again next year when we visit her parents for New Years! If you're in the SW and looking for a relaxing retreat, look no further than the Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa.

1 Thank mjk037
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Just returned from a visit - the fourth my friend and I have made the last two years. It's the first place we think of when we are burned out and need rest, relaxation and pampering. A two night stay is perfect for us and the drive only 2 and a half hours from Albuquerque. The spa is quiet and serene, always consistent. The rooms are comfortable and especially nice if they open to the balcony. The body treatments are the best, all done by experienced professionals.
The mineral baths are so relaxing and the outdoor spa at night is so delightful - winter or summer. The staff is so welcoming - it's always nice to be greeted by familiar faces who remember our names. Robin and her staff are so attentive and Robin's breakfast specialties, especially her homemade granola are awesome! The prices are reasonable - especially the package prices.Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms are basically the same but those that open to the balcony give you more space and it's...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
SAN FRANCISCO
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Pros:
+Historic spa resort, great New Mexico taste
+Nice soaking baths, spa service
+Friendly staff (family run i think)
+Large room (we stayed at the King suite with in room jacuzzi)

Cons:
-T&C: No sugar coating, it's a dumpy town. Some might like it precisely because it's dumpy. Me not so much. Even though we were expecting it to be, the town still gives of a very sad feel upon arrival.

-The building is old, so everything makes noise and we expected that. The 2 stars is because of a very noisy heater that only makes cold air (blowing DIRECTLY onto us, cannot be adjusted) in our bedroom. We turned it off after midnight as it got cold. But guess what, the downstairs neighbor's heater is somehow connected to ours and it basically rattles our heater's ducting on and off, all night. We were cold and annoyed the entire night. ZERO sleep, ZERO relaxation!

The next day, we complained to the staff and she pretty much just said in a nice way: "O yea, the heater can be noisy", and sent us on our way. I am just pretty ticked off by how my relaxing spa stay in the desert turned into a $300 sleepless night. uhhh.....

Room Tip: I would not recommend this place for sleep. SPA ok!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MCTAI
Venice, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent a couple of nights there at Christmas 2011, it is by far the nicest accomodations in the area. The facility is very clean with a very friendly staff. The big dissapointment is what they serve as breakfast. It was a very light version of a continental breakfast and the breads / rolls were all stale. After a couple of bites we threw them away. The second day we skipped breakfast and only had coffee. The first morning the coffee was very weak, tasted like it had been watered down with almost no flavor. On the second day The coffee was much improved. They offered no hot food other than what you could put in a toaster. We stayed in a room on the ground floor and the pull together curtains did not provide complete privacy, a shade or curtains that actually fit the window would be a major improvement unless you enjoy the thought of someone peeping in your window. This is not a luxury inn but it is the best option available in the community. If you want a good place to eat breakfast go to BBQ on Broadway, it is just a couple of blocks away and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I and my wife decided to go on a road trip this holiday season. While searching for places to stay on the road, I stumbled upon this gem. I wanted to stay in a hotel that offered soaking hot spring pools that we could enjoy in private and Sierra Grande Lodge was the answer. We loved this place. With our reservation, we got two soaks in their awesome soaking rooms. I highly recommend that you reserve the times for the soak rooms at the reception or if you can prior to arriving as they it can get booked. The soaking rooms were incredible and they alone are worth the trip to this little hidden gem. The staff of the hotel was extremely helpful and wonderful. The hotel entrance, garden, lobby were all very clean. The room that I stayed in was on the second floor with a clear view of the mountains. The balcony however is shared with the other rooms on the second floor. The breakfast was also wonderful with homemade breakfast items and even though I am not a vegetarian or a vegan but they had a vegan breakfast options as well! Overall I had a wonderful experience in this place and would most definitely return.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms on the second floor. They have a shared balcony but much clearer view of the mountain...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
#9 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#3 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#10 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!