“Good food, great prices and a local favorite”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Used to be located at 304 S. Pershing.
Description: Used to be located at 304 S. Pershing.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went to eat here with some of the local people. Hit it on a bad day because they only had on server and usually have more and right at lunchtime. So the service was a little slow but not because she wasn't trying. Still we didn't have to wait too long to get what we want. Especially because many of my group was local law enforcement the group size get changing. Given that they did a good job. The food was good diner/cafe food. The prices were reasonable.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Great service and lots of food. Found this place with parking lot full - a good sign. Free chips and salsa when you arrive. Really friendly waiter and helpful with learning about the town. Great little diner that I recommend.

2  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I liked that this restaurant gave free chips and salsa. The food was good. Not great, but decent. The decor was weird, especially the (not quite) humorous sign outside the hallway to the restrooms telling men to aim and women to sit. I didn't really want to think about the bathroom habits of other customers while I was eating my dinner!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Local cafe with good food. Been to T or C three times on trips with the guys, and had three good meals here. We were welcomed like locals. Jordan, our waitress remembered us when we walked in and seemed genuinely happy to see us back. Good sandwiches and home style Mexican food. Huge portions. We will make a point to eat here every time we come back. Only drawback is that most all restaurants in T or C , including the Sunset, close at 8 even on weekends.

1  Thank hiio
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We purposely chose Sunset Grill because it seemed like an unaffected eatery for the locals. (Actually, we thought it would be called Hilltop Cafe because our GPS is out of date.) And we were right. It was jumping with locals, and there was only one booth available when we arrived.

The service was prompt and attentive, though our food did take a while. I didn't expect a gourmet meal. I was surprised because our sandwiches were very good and way too generous. We could never have eaten it all.

The best part: in waiting all that time, we got to talk with a friendly local. He told us the town gossip, his career & love story, and then directed us to take the less-traveled route (187) at least part-way to Las Cruces rather than I-25. We did just that & enjoyed driving through historic Truth or Consequences and later, Hatch. Lots of benefits to eating at local joints!

2  Thank Tiffy_Bird