“Good folks and good food”
Review of Sumthins

Sumthins
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Our building is an old Motor Court that was built in 1939. We have tried to keep some of the original features of the building such as the square windows. The building has been many types of businesses over the years and we are now working to keep it our restaurant. We are located on the corner of N. Date Street and 9th Avenue on the northwest corner. Across the street from Whitehead Auto Sales and O'Reilly Auto Parts. We are a full service Ice Cream Shop and Sandwich shop . We offer coffee, tea, nachos/cheese, super sized soft pretzels,Sandwiches, Hot Dogs,and Chili. Our new addition to our menu are Greek Gyros and Grilled Sandwiches . We also have Salad plates too. Vegetarian Chili and Gluten free products. Gluten free hot dog buns, gluten free bread, gluten free ice cream cones. Ice Cream Menu to include: Sundaes, cones, milkshakes, malts, fraps, Banana Splits, Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes. We now offer custom cakes and Ice Cream Cakes, pies, and much more
Gallup, New Mexico
“Good folks and good food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Coming to R&C Sumthins, we saw a lady going in and she wave at us when we were parking. Found out when we came in and she welcome us with a smile, her name is Christie. She has the most friendly bubbly attitude, has a cute giggle. Talking to us as we knew each other for years :) I order a Chicago dog and hubby order a bacon dog with crisp bacon with mustard and order nachos with Chile cheese, oh was so good. Also looking at the ice cream, we desired to come back for the ice cream later. We went to Elephant Butte and had lunch there looking over the lake, beautiful! Later on we came back to try the ice cream , I was looking at different ice cream until I saw the Superman ice cream, my hubby is a huge fan and he had the superman ice cream and fell in love with it! I order a spumoni ice cream and vanilla bean, so good. You can sit inside or sit outside in the patio. Very friendly and you will enjoy your food. I had a watermelon ice tea drink, oh my its so good you have to try it! We will be back when were I T or C (hubby want more of the Superman ice cream lol). Christie will welcome you with her friendly attitude. We recommend this place.

Visited July 2014

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
“The ice cream was good, but the bathroom made us question the cleanliness of the rest of the place”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We took the kids in for some ice cream to cool off from the 94 degree temp after playing in the park. The ladies were friendly and they had a nice offering of ice cream and other treats. Everything was good until we went to their restroom, which is just a few feet away from the food prep area, and found that it appeared to be really dirty and poorly kept. To be fair, they're in an old building so some of the issue may have just been wear and tear but I tend to use the cleanliness of restrooms to assess the cleanliness of a restaurant as a whole, so this was a little troubling to me.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Darin K
tcbcoder, Owner at Sumthins, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
I am so sorry that you felt our restroom was not up to your standards. We are generally a 1 person family owned shop, we clean our bathrooms in the morning before the day gets started. We do have many people who come in from the river, lake, and parks and I agree the bathroom gets messy. We apologize that it was not what you were looking for. By the way you are correct in that building is old... 75 yrs old even..
Thank you for taking the time to post your views.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great ice cream and hot dogs!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am not a hot dog lover but these are the best hot dogs in the world!! And the Ice Cream from Shamrock Farms is by far the best I have ever had. The owner makes you feel so at home but with great service!!

Visited June 2014
Artesia, New Mexico
“Great ice cream treats”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a funky little business with some of the best ice cream available anywhere. We visited twice on our recent trip to T or C because we liked it so much. The owner is gracious and goes above and beyond to please her customers. The portions are generous and modestly priced.

Visited April 2014
Artesia, New Mexico
“Friendly Staff/Funky Joint”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a new start-up having been opened just about a year I believe. This is an old motor hotel that has been converted. The decor is kinda funky but I wasn't there for that, I came for the ice cream. We got good service and the product was great. In fact we came back another time during our visit. Hopefully as the business makes a bit more money the building can be improved. I agree with a previous reviewer that the bathroom needs a remodel although during my experience, the bathroom was clean. I've certainly experienced much worse restroom facilities.

• Visited May 2014