We stayed here during early June, 2012, while visiting my mom-in-law. The hotel is pretty average, as I would expect for a Comfort Inn. In this class of hotel, I prefer Holiday Inn Expresses or Hampton Inns, both of which are a step above Comfort Inns, in my experience.
There is no elevator, so if you're on the 2nd floor, be prepared to carry your luggage up steps. At ~50#/bag, this is no longer easy for me (old fart), despite dragging it up the steps.
The front desk was inconsistent. When they were there, they were ok. but sometimes they seemed to be off doing other things (multiple responsibilities?). A couple of times I called the desk from the room and nobody answered, even after many rings.
The pool is indoors. The water was a tiny bit cloudy, but not bad. Water temp was suitable for me, and I like it in the low 80s. I did not use the hot tub/whirlpool. There's a nice little patio outside the pool near the street. This was actually very nice in the evening when the outdoor temp dropped and there was a slight breeze.
Weather: Sunny. Hazy (maybe from the wildfires) Highs ~ 100F; lows 65-70F. Low humidity.
The continental breakfast (6-9 wkdays; 7-10 wkends) was average, as I would expect at a Comfort. The attendant was ok at maintaining it, but seemed anxious to close up around "closing" time. We tended to linger as there were several other familiy members there, too. There's a Denny's on the same property if you miss breakfast.
The room was average. The showerhead was good. I had trouble with the wi-fi losing connectivity and not recovering.
Room cleaning service seemed a little intrusive to me. One day they asked me if I wanted the "full" service. I had the sense that they were in a hurry to finish up, or were trying to save some money. I don't know, but it might be that the cleaning manager has a vested interest in hotel profitability (part of the franchise's family?).
Oh! I almost forgot! There seemed to be several residents(long-term?) with dogs, so I'd say it's a pet friendly hotel. that's good or bad, depending on your viewpoint. All of dogs we saw were pretty well-behaved and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites, a Truth or Consequences hotel Conveniently located off Interstate 25, Exit 79, the Comfort Inn and Suites hotel is within minutes from Elephant Butte Lake State Park, and Caballo Lake State Park. We are the closest major hotel to the Spaceport America site, and are 2 miles from the Hot Springs Historic District, art galleries, and local art studios. History buffs will appreciate that we are located directly on the Geronimo Trail National Scenic Byway. Turtleback Mountain Golf Course, one of the premier courses in New Mexico, is also just minutes from the hotel. The city of Truth or Consequences and Sierra County are two of the best kept secrets in the state of New Mexico and the entire Southwest region. For years, Sierra County has laid claim to some of the most beautiful mountain and desert terrain in the entire state. Come stay with us and enjoy the abundance of outdoor activities available in Sierra County.A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. Be sure to visit the on-site Denny’s Restaurant. Hotel amenities and features include:• Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms • Free local calls • Pet-friendly hotel Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn & Suites the perfect way to start your day. Complimentary breakfast buffet, featuring a variety of signature hot items, is served daily. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! Guests of this Truth or Consequences, NM hotel will enjoy relaxing or doing laps in the large indoor heated pool. Guests will also enjoy the exercise room and hot tub. Our meeting room accommodates up to 50 people for most events and business functions.All spacious guest rooms include 9-foot ceilings, refrigerators, dry bars, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, and 32-inch high-definition televisions. All suites have DVD players in them.The hotel offers excellent parking for boats and RVs; power for boats is available. Laundry facilities are located on the property for guest convenience.The superior accommodations and affordable rates make the Comfort Inn & Suites hotel the perfect destination for anyone visiting the Truth or Consequences, New Mexico area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Truth Or Consequences Hotel Truth Or Consequences
- Comfort Inn And Suites Truth Or Consequences
- Comfort Inn Truth Or Consequences
- Truth Or Consequences Comfort Inn