“Stay here!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
“Stay here!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This Comfort Inn and Suites was extremely clean, the staff was very welcoming and helpful, and our rooms were both spacious and finely decorated. The average continental breakfast was supplemented with hotel-administered coupons to the exceptionally clean and tasty Denny's that was literally next door. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Landishosterman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ontario, California
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Don’t make this your first “Choice” to stay when you come to Truth or Consequences, you might be better off sleeping in your car. If you do, get ready for very BAD costumer care and double/triple check your bill for fraudulent charges. I was charged $100 for having 3 non-registered family members at the pool. (They weren’t staying, just hanging out at the pool) There was no reasoning with Carla Rouke, Owner/SRC LLC General Manager, and after a stern lecture from her, like I was a 4 year old boy who accidentally broke a stain glass window at a church, she said she was going to charge me $85 for the extra family members, it showed up as a $100. I even asked her nicely not to talk to me like I was some kind of animal. She said, “You people try to get away with stuff like this all the time.” When I called the 800 costumer care number I explain that during the course of my scolding I came to realize the error of my ways. I knew I was wrong for having non-registered family members sit with me at the pool and they asked why. Then I told them about the charges, costumer care said the most I should have been charged would have been $10 each but they had never really heard of that happening. Costumer care said they would look into the situation. I put a freeze on my credit card, just in case, because this lady was/is crazy.
She also threatened to kick us out at 9:30 p.m. at night and yelled at my niece who is 13 yrs old. My niece was a register guest. One of the things she said was, “I better not see all of you at breakfast, I will be counting heads.” I really felt more pity for this woman than anger. I don’t believe she is healthy and long for this world. I also feel bad for the staff that has to work under this Margaret Hamilton look and act alike, (Wicked Witch of the West). It seems like she has made a few bad “Choices” in life, I shouldn’t be the one to pay for them and neither should you. STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Room Tip: Stay away from Carla!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RL4dfy
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a week at this hotel. The service received was excellent. The assistant manager very friendly and helpful. People at the front desk were friendly and very helpful. I needed a table to put my computers and they got an extra table.

The intrenet service was excellent, fast and easy to connect,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank angelobl
Boulder
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Interesting to see all the negative reviews because I was going to write one, despite the spacious rooms & rather nice, newly remodeled furnishings. We asked before checking in to make sure they had Internet. After checking in, two of us happened to ask independently how to log on & were each told no password necessary. After settling into our room, we found we couldn't connect--on none of our four laptops/phones. My husband went down to the desk to see if it could be fixed (like re-setting the antenna), and was rudely told we could check out if we wanted to. However, it was almost midnight & we had already unpacked, so who wants to move and find a vacancy then? While at the desk, my husband heard the desk clerk tell a caller that there was free Internet and no password necessary--after my husband reported the Internet not working. So there was a deliberate hiding of the problem. The hotel seemed full so we couldn't have been the only ones bringing this to their attention. We asked the desk clerk on duty in the morning if some adjustment could be made on our bill. She said no because we had been offered the option of checking out. (Was a note written in our record or was this standard procedure for a known problem?) Before coming to this hotel, we had almost checked into the Motel 6 next door. They had a friendly, bright desk clerk and she would have been a lot easier to deal with. I bet the Motel6 Internet was working fine, and here's the kicker--the room was 30% less. We like to stay at Comfort Inns because their quality is pretty reliable. . .until this one.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank voyageons
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Breakfast staff named Cheryl( No last name would be given to me by any staff,including managers, criticized my 11year old daughter for pouring too much pancake batter in cup for waffle iron, took cup out of my daughter's hand to complete making the waffle. When waffle was done, Cheryl pulled it out with fork and non-gloved fingers,I told her I didn't want her touching the food, she became hostile and asked if she should make another. I left to go report her to front desk mgr. Ed Joseph, who reeked of alcohol, he would not provide me with her last name. New Mgr arrived, I asked fro Cheryl's last name and this woman, Ms. Nielsen became hostile, was very aggressive and sarcastic. She did not look well, still recovering form some type of surgery with huge stitched scar across forehead, missing many teeth, looked unkempt, unhealthy, laughed at me when I asked about national policies regarding management giving hotel guests staff names to report complain to owner. I have been going there for 4-5 years and until these staff named are gone, I would not go back. Guests should never be made to feel threatened by staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank lisa14a
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed March 15, 2011

we should of heeded the warning on the review but i read them after our experience. staff is rude inconsideration and not customer focused. the breakfast is available until 8am if you can endure the staff that manages the breakfast area. I thought our first stay that they were having a bad day...on our way back...i learned that rudeness is their way of responding. the breakfast staff started vaccuming and picking up food at 730 on our first stay.. Then on the second visit when i asked about who the person reported to..i learned that the rudeness is deep....very deep throughout the staff.. the trickle down effect... i only wonder who they work for? or is this owner really clueless as to how customers are treated. Come on... really? pay for rudeness... we won't

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jon5689
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2010

The best way to summarize this hotel is poor customer service. I wanted a room with two queen beds and they told me that the only thing they had available was a suite that cost $120. They were just trying to make me pay more because that night there was no cars in parking lot and no one at the hotel. The man working the counter was very rude and ungroomed, a greeseball in all sense of the word. The free breakfast that was promised only ran till 8, even though the paper handed to us at check in said 930. then at 9 oclock we had a maid barge in without knocking well we were still getting ready. overall this place wasnt that great just because they dont know how to treat a paying customer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank prythert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#6 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences? Share your experiences!